Listing fees for Business seller / no shop

Considering closing my shop to concentrate more on the website / public open days.

You know - the kind of places where customers can actually find what they are looking for.

Would think of my self pretty OK with finding answers on the web.

But for life of me can not find listing fees for auctions (no shop business seller).

Looking to use eBay for only auctioning surplus stock.

All it comes up with are private listing fees . 

Any one have a link please for non shop auction fees, (business seller) that does not take me to my listing page

May not come to anything,  and may give the shop another go. Just keeping options open.

Astronomy is looking up
Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

I closed my shop ages ago, just keep a limited amount of auctions now and use other avenues these days.

ebay is not cheap all round, and sadly less frequently meets its old levels of performance.

Today its more a case of selling despite ebay rather than because of. Maybe it will change?

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

@messier44000 wrote:

But for life of me can not find listing fees for auctions (no shop business seller).

Without a shop auction listings cost (30p + normal fees like FVFs) + VAT. You just need to look in the "No Shop" column. 

*EDIT - I took too long posting that!*

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks for the help

Astronomy is looking up
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

If you are planning on keeping around the same number of listings, you are right on the ragged edge, the cost of a shop and the cost of just listing is about the same price.  In this circumstance I would opt for the latter, that way if you take time away you don't have to worry about paying for an underutilsed shop during holiday periods or if you decide to reduce listing for a while.  Though worth bearing in mind if you decide to increase listing by more than a few items.

Can't for the life of me think what are the advantages of a shop, except price and to organise listings, and even then I am not sure anyone even looks.  One big seller in my category has always had between 4,000 and 5,000 individual unique listings, and he sells both gold and silver jewellery, and collectibles.  He has never sorted his listings and has always doing amazingly well. 

We have a couple of business accounts without shops, which we just use for part of the year, only thing that has ever happened is that one time I was offered a reduced fvf on a number of listings, presumably to encourage use of the account.  But that was years ago - I don't think there have been any offers on any business account for three years or so.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

I've actually found that repeat buyers will go look at the shop, so it can be worth it.

Have you looked at the actual traffic that your shop gets, as opposed to everything else?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/str/edit/stats  That should work, but not certain.

I get about 1000 hits on the shop directly each month, which though it isn't that high, it does tend to be much better quality than other hits.

I keep meaning to go back to the shop and reorganising a bit better, with different categories and so on.  ie. coats, jumpers etc etc.  But it's a lot of work to do that, so it keeps getting put off.  🙂

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Hmm, one basic shop with less than 100 listings is showing nearly 500 page views, another feature shop with 1600 listings is showing 675 so I am unclear what to make of it - the first shop has categories quite well sorted, the second by nature of the items sold has the bulk of lisiting in one category.   The first shop is more seasonal, hence the low number of listings at the moment.

I would presume that shop page views are linked to the number of followers, but that figure is never much talked about so I might be wrong.

One good reason to have a shop if you are on the cusp, as I am at the moment, is to use up the to the maximum listings by relisting (as sell similar) more than once  a month, which always seems to result in sales.  That might be affecting my shop visit numbers?

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

To be honest, the way I see it, is that it can't hurt and it could do some good.

It does also give you a specific place that you can direct interested parties to, rather than just a single listing etc.

I'm not so sure about relisting making a difference to your shop figures, but it is a good practice anyway.

I'm on featured now, though I'm just over the edge value wise, but the advantage is, that I can continually rotate my 90 day old listings, with no penalty.

As to whether it's linked in some way to followers, I literally have no idea.  It's not something that I've really paid much attention to.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Do you believe any count number ebay shows ?

Do you not remember the debacle of high numbers of views / watchers showing the second a listing went live - it was raised as a concern , and now it takes hours to get a single view let alone watchers, which again i doubt as accurate.

I thought these kinda counts were to satisfy advertisement subscriptions by external parties, the counts being  of secondary importance to show sellers ?

Seeing is believing - if you cant see it, then its down to trust, or lack of.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: