Get rid of 2 step sign in please ebay

It is driving me insane. Every single time I log into ebay I have to have a text sent to my mobile. As someone that barely ever uses their mobile phone (yes, there are some of us) this is extremely irritating. I have read some 'fixed' answers from a couple of years ago but these don't work now so has anyone any clue how to fix this?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

If I log out and then back in again on the eBay app I get this, although I get an email not a text (which is, at least, better, as phone signals are non-existant here...)

To stop it all together you need to just use your internet browser (Brave, DuckDuckGo, etc) rather than use the app.  I do this and I use the 'classic view' (see bottom of the page once you get there), so it looks just as it does on the pc (albeit much smaller!  😆 )

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I have just sorted this out hopefully. Go to account and then sign in options. Go to the 3rd option (not the 2nd) and then confirm everything after following the options. You should receive an email to confirm that you have chosen 2 step sign in. Go to my ebay, back into your accounts and once again got to sign in options. You will then find an option to turn off 2 step sign in.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: