EBay service metrics help!

Hello all, hoping you can help me, I've just noticed that eBay has started making me expected delivery times longer, rather than showing "next working day" it now shows "3 working day" so got me looking into my service metrics, and I am very surprised and looking to see how I can quickly and effectively sort it? I didn't add the tracking as honesty sometimes I would forget, so this is where the item not received cases have come from,

Item not received- 454 transaction, 16 not received- 3.52% (very high) , piers 0.4% 

Item not as described- 465 transaction, 9 not as described, 1.94% (very high), piers 0.77% 

I've got a few questions so will bullet point below

1- when are the service metrics reviewed, is it the 20th of every month? And when do any, if at all restrictions come into effect?

2- now I've sold over 400 items I'll be reviewed on the previous 3 months, (Feb-April) but if my service metrics over the past year are better, will they take those over the previous 3 months? 

3- if indeed the service metrics are reviewed every month, I assume next months will be on the months March-may? 

4- what would be the best practice to get it down to being close to my piers? I was thinking about selling a lot of a very cheap item, not to make money but purely to get the transactions up to dilute down the item not received/not as described ones? 

5- all my item not received cases was closed either by the buyer once the tracking was provided or by eBay (in my favour)  if the buyer didn't respond once I had added the tracking, so even tho they was closed, because they was simply opened, does that count against me? If no is there any way I can appeal them? 

6- some of the item not described/defective cases I feel arnt accurate, now I know it's important, is there any way I can appeal such issue? 

any further info on this would be really appreciated, my predicted seller level as of 20th is eBay top rated which I assume is still okay as the service metrics are separate from this? 

Ps these arnt from this account,but  another eBay account of mine

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

You can appeal defects asap from receiving them.  If any defects are received due to for example Courier strikes, weather problems these will be recognised by eBay & they will be removed automatically.  Any defects if not removed will stay for 12 months.

Restrictions will be applied if defects received go over accepted level as described in eBay's Guidelines.

Try to enter any Tracking details the day of posting & answer any eBay's opened cases asap.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

okay thank you for this, how do i go about appealing? all items are sent next day service with evri, if they arnt recived next day due to evris fault, is that our fault as the seller and we be penalised?

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Press 'Help & Contact'  top of the page.

Then type in ' Defects'

Page will come up on how to appeal.

It all depends on the dispatch time you have set on your account & the type of Evri Service the Buyer has chosen from your postage options.

I use to offer Next Day delivery, but found I could not rely on a third party (the Courier) to deliver on time, so I went back to dispatch 3 days ( I always post well before, but it gives me time & happy customers who now comment 'arrived early'.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: