automated feedback

Hi ive just chatted to ebay over the computer with what i thought was a simple question but the person i asked didnt seem to know, can anyone here let me know?

Ive switched on my computer, gone into ebay and noticed an extra feedback, feedback says Ebay Automated feedback, doesnt say its come from the buyer, can anyone tell me why ive had this and what its all about please?

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

automated feedback

The last feedback you received, looks normal to me. It has the sellers ID, so cannot see why you are asking ebay about it. If you copied what you can see onto here it might make more sense, but as far as I am aware, buyers are not told it is automatic feedback. I use it all the  time, and no buyers have complained.

Sellers can set automatic feedback to be left as soon as buyer leaves feedback, it then picks from a choice of feedback previously left by seller.

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

I know lots about Ebay through my Mom.  One of my feedback doesnt say its been left by the buyer, it says the buyer hasnt left me feedback.

It says Ebay automated feedback -

This seller successfully completed an order.

I was just wondered why this as my mom has never received this, this way, i havnt bought anything on my site yet!

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

I can see that your latest feedback says "Automated feedback" as an addition on the right hand side. I personally have never seen this before and I wonder if this is something new ebay are rolling out as they did with "Verified purchase". 

I can't see any point to it myself, but hey ho.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

Thank you for an honest reply, dont worry about it the person at Ebay didnt know either !!

I might ask the buyer if they sent it as they were very nice during the transaction but i would of thought it would have registered against their name as they had sent it.

Regards

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

I have asked one of the ebay managers about this on another forum so let's hope he has an answer.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

Oh thank you, well I asked the buyer if they had sent it and they said no.  She then said oh i said i was going to leave you feedback and I forgot sorry I'll leave it now.   She has done and the automated feedback has disappeared!!! weird ay?

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

Hi neverthrowsanythingawayjnr, thanks for your post.

I was looking into this for you, and I couldn't find any feedback that says automated or anything similar like that. I asked around for screenshots, but no one took a screenshot when this was happening, so I wouldn't be able to assist much further since I am unable to replicate the issue.

If you get to see this again, please feel free to take a screenshot and share it with me, and I will be happy to take a further look.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

Hi Marco,

Whats happened is that when the buyer left me her proper feedback the automatic feedback disappeared.

But Ive had some again from some Russian Dolls I sold.  The buyer hasnt left me any yet.

I wonder as im a new ebayer well actually learning from Mom as shes been doing it since 2009.  If I dont get feedback after Ive ticked every box as if its a new system that Ebay have put in place to help me be a proper Ebayer to get paid straight away after I sell something maybe?

Pls feel free to view my feedback.

Regards

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

marco@ebay 

Here you go

papso22_0-1715964237937.png

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

papso22
Experienced Mentor

I couldn't do it and had to snip instead!

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

Thank u 😊
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

automated feedback

Well done, Papso 🙂