What is being done about wrong estimated delivery dates?

I am getting inundated with customers complaining about their items not being received by the dates ebay have given them. I cant tell the customer that ebay have giving them the wrong dates because it will just appear as if  im making up an excuse and to be honest it's not their problem. Even though I received a long message from Ebay advising me that their technical team are working hard to fix it, whenever a INR case is opened and I try to explain the issue to customer services they dont believe me, so they've clearly not been briefed about this issue. 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

You are not alone in experiencing this, and your update is the only ' update' we have here too,  that is,  ' eBay are aware and are working hard to fix it. '

All I can suggest,  is to bring it up again,  in the Weekly Chat ,which happens every Wednesday here,  b etween 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. and maybe, just maybe the Community Managers here may have a better update of a fix date.

@pelican-bay 

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Yes it is an issue.

I looked at 1 of your items, it says if I buy today it will delivered by Special delivery on monday,

I know that won't happen.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Argh, It's so frustrating, but I also find it very suspect that the dates are always conveniently sooner than the real ones. 

I'll put that time on my calender and definetly bring it up, thanks

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

omg really!! nope not unless my courier is superman 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Thought I'd upload the last response I received about this 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

I have read the screenshot - what a load of waffle!

You can look at previous chats with the Ebay Community Team - it is correct that the issue of EDDs has been raised multiple times but the response is always the same.

That it has been raised with the relevant team and the EDDs are working as they should be.

There are lots of posts in the forums as well - some members have even had conversations at the Ebay Roadshow about this issue.

As far as I know, nothing has ever changed.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

As "late" deliveries can damage your record, and CS do not believe that ebay are to blame, I see thst you aim to post within 2 days.

To protect your account, why not extend you dispatch time to say 4 or 5 days, but still post within two days.

When it is not possible to get any sense out of ebay, it seems  a good idea to use the system as a means of protection.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent