Totally unjustified negative feedback left and ebay will not remove

I sold an item and the buyer said she wished to return as it does not fit her.  However, I checked my listing and It clearly showed photo with tape measure showing the length and how it looks on and I also repeatedly said it was an adult size (Bracelet).  She then left me some horrible message, saying I was disgusting and I should accept it for a return.  I tried to reason with her but she was having none of it and openly admitted that she only viewed the first few pics and did not check the rest...  My listing says no returns, however of course I accept them had a made a mistake or the item arrived broken/damaged etc but not for it not fitting when I had provided the length.  I have asked ebay to remove the negative feedback she has left me, as this is definately not my fault....I assume she bought it on a "whim" and did not check the details.  Ebay have now refused, saying that she has not broken any rules but since when are buyers allowed to leave feedback stating that I do not accept returns/refunds...which is totally untrue.  I have been on ebay for 20 years and a few years trading and not come across this before.....How can ebay let this stand! I find it untrue, false and misleading to my potential buyers and will put them off!.....I am a good seller with high standards and find this totally unacceptable.

Am I right in assuming that the situation on ebay now is.....that if you dont accept returns for any reason then the buyer can leave feedback and say what they like about you...true or not?

Is there anyway I can appeal there decision to not remove the negative feedback or I am just stuck with it for the next 12 months?.....Quite honestly, I find the whole situation quite shocking and am now re-thinking my position on ebay.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I agree that this feedback should be removed. The buyer even admits in her feedback that she only bothered to look at a few of the photos!

Convincing eBay of this is another matter altogether. At one time eBay was willing to remove feedback that was obviously unfair. Now we're seeing cases where even feedback that seems to contravene eBay's own policies is not being removed. You can try calling customer support in the early morning, when at least you're likely to get Dublin and not the Philippines.

However your buyer was entitled to say that you don't accept returns, because that's what your returns policy stated. Saying that you would accept a return if you had made a mistake doesn't count; if an item doesn't match the description a "no returns" policy is irrelevant as the buyer can use eBay's money back guarantee.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I agree that this feedback should be removed. The buyer even admits in her feedback that she only bothered to look at a few of the photos!

Convincing eBay of this is another matter altogether. At one time eBay was willing to remove feedback that was obviously unfair. Now we're seeing cases where even feedback that seems to contravene eBay's own policies is not being removed. You can try calling customer support in the early morning, when at least you're likely to get Dublin and not the Philippines.

However your buyer was entitled to say that you don't accept returns, because that's what your returns policy stated. Saying that you would accept a return if you had made a mistake doesn't count; if an item doesn't match the description a "no returns" policy is irrelevant as the buyer can use eBay's money back guarantee.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

The only feedback that is certain to be removed is the false positive you left the buyer.

Unfortunately if the buyer is of a mind to they could cause you much worry by reporting you as a business seller trading as a private seller.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent