Overpaid and want refund

I was contacted by eBay saying I owed them £4.21. I paid even though I didn't know what the bill was for. The payment didn't seem to go through so I tapped again and paid twice. This morning it was still asking for £4.21 paid again and it's showing paid twice again all proof on my bank statement. Total nuisance. I want my account cosing and a £12. 63 refund. I can't speak to anyone the system dosent cover my problem sick to the back teeth of ebay.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Overpaid and want refund

You need to speak to Customer Services as they have full access to your account and have the authority and means to repay any over paid fees.

I do recommend though to contact them only very first thing in the morning, when the lines first open at 8 a.m.  there's more chance of Dubliin answering.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Overpaid and want refund

You listed the clock 4times that I can see, and USED A RESERVE, which as you used auction and a BIN was completely unnecessary. Reserve fees are 4% of the reserve price, the minimum  reserve is £50, so minimum reserve fee is £2 , payable whether item sells or not.

You should be able to see exactly what fees have been charged by looking at your managed payments account, but as ebay have asked for £4.21 it would appear that you have also used other PAID FOR EXTRAS but full details will be on your account together with any fee payments you have made.

I very much doubt thst you are due any refund.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent