New Business sellers Account - Home address publicly visible

Hi all - Ive just set up a new business account vital dials uk - my business address is my home address and I dont want this publicly visible - is there a way to hide this unless its needed for returns etc?  I think its a bit of a security risk which Im not very comfortable with!

Any pointers much appreciated,

Cheers - Rich

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

You would get a wider range of responses to your question if you asked it in 'selling' and/or 'business' forums as only mentors can answer in here.

Similar questions usually get the response that members have used  their address on their account for years and never had a problem.

By law, as a business seller, you have to have your business address on your account.

You can of course, pay to have a registered business address which is not where you actually live.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Your business address has to be shown, so if you trade from your home address you have to accept this.

Thousands of small busnesses on eBay are registered at the owner's home address. However your registered address, which is required for legal purposes, doesn't have to be the same as your trading address so you can register a different address if you prefer. There are plenty of companies who offer provide forwarding addresses.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

The law requires you to show an address you can be contacted at, it doesn't have to be your home address as long as it meets that legal requirement.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent