Item lost

I sold a perfume bottle on the 25th April and posted the same day by first class signed for post.

I added the tracking number but the item didnt seem to move from the post office I sent it from.

After a week I emailed the buyer to check if it had been received but not recorded by Royal mail but had no reply. 

I contacted Royal mail and they said the parcel was in the sorting office in Southampton,it was going to the isle of Wight, and it should arrive the following week as it was bank holiday on the Monday it would be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday but on the Wednesday it was still not showing on the tracking so I phoned Royal Mail again and the admitted that they did not know where the parcel was and it could have been delivered this was 2 weeks after the date of postage.

I emailed the buyer who only had 7 feedback to explain and see if she needed any help or if she had received it once again no reply do I need to do anymore?

I know I will have to refund if it isnt delivered but at what stage if the buyer isnt responding and requesting a refund for non delivery?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Item lost

I think you have done what you can.

Wait now for the buyer to respond to your messages or open a case.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Item lost

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Never chase buyers, they will soon let you know if there is an issue.

RM often fail to scan on delivery, so buyer may have already received it.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent