Is ebay advertising bogus sellers?

I recently placed an order , although the seller said he sent the item and tracking details. I did not recieved the item . When i checked online it was delievered to an address i have no clue where . 

I contacted the seller but it appears he is ingoring my messages. Anywaya i also noticed that the  last review was posted a month ago and there was no negative reviews and the status claimed he recieved 99% postive reviews , yet only 3 was show. I  found  it to suspect as i had just posted a neutral review and it was not shown.

Clearly ebay is deleting the TRUE reviews  and it also makes me think whether ebay is advertising bogus sellers in order to scam people🤔

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

You are letting your imagination run away with you. How would it benefit a seller to deiberately send your item to the wrong address - let alone for eBay to encourage "bogus sellers"?

All buyers would need to do is what you need to do: use eBay's money back guarantee to get a full refund. You appear not to have noticed that there is a link to this at the top right of every listing, or see:

- Getting help when an item hasn't arrived: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/reporting-item-didnt-receive?id=4042

- eBay's money back guarantee: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

You clearly did not read my post correctly. I did not suggest the seller  had deliberarely sent my item to the wronf address. I said ROYAL MAIL. 

As ebay has decided to scrap having customer services man the phone and now solely run thejr platform via automative, nothing is ruled out as to its motive. 

I have not shopped on ebay for a long while and it seems to be getting worse 

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Also you failed to address ebays scam in not posting true reviews. The facf they have made everythinf automative gives way to abuse and it is clear the sellers aware of rhis hence the none contact

Ebay has also made it confusing when it comes to "stepping in". I have checked their ibstructions which does not marry up with what is shown on the actual screen

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

1. Read your post again, you never mentioned Royal Mail. 

2. Your neutral feedback is showing on the seller's profile.

3. You can't ask ebay to step in until the exact time to the hour has passed.  The button will be greyed out until then.  It will also be greyed out if you opened your case more than the days after delivery.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

There is a neutral feedback you left showing as within the last year. That means OVER  6 months ago.

If that is the fb to which you refer, then you are months too late for ebiay to get involved.

If it is a different fb, it would help if you said what you put in the fb, as if you say the wrong things then it will be removed by ebay.

I don't think you understand what a scam is, so long as seller dispatches, delivery is outside his control, and it is up to you to show to ebay that evidence of delivery is not to your address.

Have you ever noticed at the top of most pages, HELP AND  CONTACT, why not use it and scroll down for contact options. Live chat is best in my opinion.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

The feedback was only left yesterday , so how can it be over s year old?.  As i said in my pre ious post,rhe seller has not recieved one neutral or negative review, which i find suspect especially by the way he had failed to respond to not recieving the time

I never implied it was the sellers fault, however it is also down to the seller to also make enquiries - after all he will be quick to claim?. I bave also contacted Royal mail and they also said the seller will have to put in a clsim. 

I do not see why you are appear to be defensive ehen i menrioned scam. An ebsy employee no doubr?. . The way that ebay appears to be operating via its new changes can be percieved as a scam, so YES  the word was used approprately.  If ebay googled my address they eould see that the cokour of tge door is no way the same as my own also they failed to take a picture of the house number and the person. All he took was the hand of the person . This is growly neglient on their part and i have complained 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

My feedback for a poster whom i ordered Garlic snd Hawthorn capsules is not shown on the sellers page, like ( no doubt) posters who have left neutral /negative reviees which have been covered uo by ebay and i have not said anything but the truth on the post . Which is i did not recieve item and the seller has not been great at assisting with that 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent