I want my fees refunded. I listed my bike, noticed it was faulty, so i ended auction early.

I want my fees refunded. I listed my bike, noticed it was faulty, so i ended auction early.

Ive been charged £143 by ebay and cannot see anyway of contesting it. Only option i can find is a live chat with a robot and im going round in circles. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

You sold the Triathlon wheel set twice.  If a buyer does not pay, you have to open an unpaid item case, this will refund you your seller fees,  but you have 30 days to do so.  Looking at the sale dates for the 2 sold items this time period has lapsed.

eBay charge their seller fees the second the item sells,  and not when the buyer pays,  so you do need to open those cases to receive seller fees back for non payments.

Any optional listing upgrades you add for e.g. reserves , these are non refundable listing fees, payable sale or no sale.

All I can suggest you do as you are out of time to claim for non payments,  but if you withdrew an item with bids before an auction ended you would be charged seller fees there.  Contact eBay Customer Services, explain there was an issue with the bike,  they may just may, no guarantee,  make a discretionnary refund of those fees.

As said , no guarantee but worth a shot.  I do recommend contacting CS very first thing in the morning when the lines first open at 8 a.m. there's more chance of Dublin answering.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@paulhart14 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

When a seller withdraws an item from sale after any bids have been made eBay is entitled to charge a selling fee based on the price bidding had reached. You accepted this in the user agreement.

You can try asking eBay to consider waiving this charge, but they don't have to.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You also appear to have sold a phone twice, if you were not paid for first sale, and you did not cancel for non payment, then the selling fee there will be payable.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent