Has Ebay made a mistake with this pricing list for postage?

I'm doing some new listings, haven't done any for over a year so went on the RM website to check the new prices and remind myself of the sizing weight etc.  When completing the first listing form I got to the delivery section and brought up Ebay's 'suggestions' for postage.  I noticed that some of the options didn't make sense.  Will add screenshots. 

I couldn't figure out why Ebay was showing it would be cheaper to send a small parcel (Tracked 48) - 2kg, WITH tracking and up to £150 compensation for £3.39 - yet to send same parcel 2nd Class with NO tracking and up to £20 compensation for £3.69.

According to the RM site the second option should be £3.19 but that isn't appearing on that Ebay chart.

I've also noticed that Ebay are saying that it costs the same to send a large letter 2nd Class  (up to 750g without tracking) for £2.70 yet RM has it listed at £2.50.  The RM Tracked48 option is £2.70 with compensation up to £150.

My head has just exploded but if any kind person out there would like to put me out of my misery I would be eternally grateful (I'm just wondering if I've slowly gone insane looking at these numbers 🤔).  I will be selling lightweight, thin, low cost items of clothing so would like to keep my buyers postage costs as low as possible  but if there's not much difference in price to have tracking should I go for the RM Tracked48 option?  Do RM only pay compensation on a lost letter/parcel if you have tracking?

Apparently I can only attach one jpeg so it's the Ebay postage chart options for a small parcel.

Many thanks for any responses.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Has Ebay made a mistake with this pricing list for postage?

papso22
Experienced Mentor

The answer to your question is most likely 'Yes'.

The solution, work out your own postage using the RM website for accurate information, and then buy it direct.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent