Can't refund full amount as Ebay takes off 30p

I listed something for a relative and they sent the wrong item, so I'm trying to refund the buyer £45.00, but ebay keeps taking off 30p, which I think was the selling fee as we had the 80% off selling fee offer.
I tried writing in £45.50 so they could have the full £45 back, but ebay won't let me write in more than £45 but then the amount it says they will get back will only be £44.70. I know it's only 30p but they will want back what they paid, won't they? Am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Normally with refunds that are the seller's fault,  ebay keep the 30p fixed element of the fee.

If you cancel the sale rather than just try and refund, then ebay will ensure the buyer gets the right refund.

You need to cancel using the most appropriate reason.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Refunds are best completed through an eBay Buyer initiated case, (especially if your funds are on hold) .. eBay will retain their fees immediately an item is sold and often there are then insufficient funds available to complete the refund process.

Check that you have setup account correctly including UK Banking/Card details on file in order to send and receive payments .>

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792#section3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Normally with refunds that are the seller's fault,  ebay keep the 30p fixed element of the fee.

If you cancel the sale rather than just try and refund, then ebay will ensure the buyer gets the right refund.

You need to cancel using the most appropriate reason.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: