restore your selling privileges

Hi I received an email today from ebay saying they have restricted my account as a seller and to remove the restrictions i have to upload documentation showing that i purchased the items. has anyone else received this? is it a scam? when i went to the link it couldn't be sent. I am selling my old clothes and dvds at the moment.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Nope it's not a scam,  but as you have returned to selling after a bit of a break have you fully and correctly registered with eBay's Managed Payments?  All sellers have to,  to be able to list items for sale,  and to receive payouts from the sales.

Follow the instructions of the link below,  and see if this unlocks your account for selling,  otherwise you'll need to contact eBay Customer Services and explain these are used items,  where receipts have long ago been thrown away.

You need to provide eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

This will show you how to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

If there is an issue with the registration contact eBay Customer Services,  who have full access to your account,  and can see where the issue lies and explain the steps you now need to take.

Contact them this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services  through the Contact Us link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/search-tips/advanced-search?id=4049&query=1455&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

Lines open between 8 a.m. and 10p.m. on weekdays,  and between 9.am. and 6 p.m. on weekends.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Another thing I just seen on your listings,  are you using eBay's library of photos for some of your items?  They look like ccatalogue photos and not of an item photographed in your home.  These should only be used for Brand New items not used , preowned items.

This may have triggered the request for receipts,  as they look like brand new items you are selling.

@gollygoshgeraldine 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent