Making offers to buyers

Can someone explain to me the rationale behind the “listings eligible to send offers” facility.

I have 1500 items listed but ebay only gives me the opportunity to make offers on 313 (roughly 20%).

Of those 313, fifty-nine have NO watchers.

My listing range in sales value between £1.99 and £19.99.  Approx 80% of the 313 listings I can make offers on are £1.99

I fail to see the thinking behind this policy – surely we should be able to make offers on ALL our listings – a move good for sellers and good for buyers

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Making offers to buyers

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

You can only make offers on BIN items that buyers have added to their watch list.

Also buyers can opt out of receiving offers.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Making offers to buyers

Thanks for your reply but ALL the 1500 items I mentioned are BIN.
You also state to get an offer buyers must have added the item to their watch list. Not true because, as I said 59 of the items I can make offers on have ZERO watchers
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Making offers to buyers

Thanks for your reply but alll the 1500 items I mentioned are BIN.  You also say to receive and offer buyers must have marked the item as watched.  Not true because, as I said, 59 of the items I have the chance to send offers to have ZERO watchers !

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Making offers to buyers

More info here about  offers, to include anyone placing an item in there basket etc,Adding Best Offer to your listing and sending offers to buyers | eBay

Not all categories apply

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Making offers to buyers

Plum993 - many thanks for your reply. I am aware of 99% of the links but I guess my query now boils down to the following copy and paste from ebay link:-

* Eligibility is determined by a number of factors, including age of listing, listing format, and rules that manage the number of offers buyers receive

My questions are What factors ? What age of listing ? What is the rule managing the number of offers buyers receive ? Surely sellers are all on ebay to sell as much as possible and to give the buyers as many opportunities as possible to buy items. Why restrict it ?
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Making offers to buyers

It would seem some factors relate to how offers are sent and under what guises eyc,and many of your photographs are low in value so sending or making best offers on those listings wouldn't benefit you anyway

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Making offers to buyers

I can't see why you are willing to send offers, mosts buyers want a large discount,

you won't make much profit in your current prices anyway,

my estimate is just over £1.00 on a £1.99 item & 95p P&P.

So what sort of discount would you offer.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Making offers to buyers

I take your point to a degree but I am not on ebay to make my fortune. I am 76 and so this is more of a hobby than anything else and I am happy with the bit-by-bit small profits I make on my photos. As you will see from my feedback score I sell many photos and the accumulative amounts keeps me in beer vouchers !! This coming Sunday (19th May) I will have been on ebay 20 years.
If I find I have duplicates or a particular photo is just not selling over a period of time, I would like to make an offer to a watcher. The whole point of my initial query is that I do not understand why restrictions are placed on a large percentage of the listings. It would make total sense to me to allow offers on all listings. Nobody, including ebay itself, have offered a reasonable reason why this is not allowed.
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent