Buyer doesn’t want the item

If a buyer wins the auction and changes their mind and wants to cancel, do I still have to pay eBay's fees as the seller? 
Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Cancel using 'buyer asked to cancel'.

This will cancel the sale and trigger a refund.  You will pay out the amount Ebay paid to you and they will pay the percentage taken as fees.

If you paid for any extras, such as promoting your item, those fees are not refundable but you do get your final value fees back.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for your response.
The buyer hasn’t paid yet. He isn’t going to actually because he doesn’t want the item.
If I relist it, will I be charged selling fees for the first person even though they didn’t pay for it?
Sent from my iPhone
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

In that case if the buyer hasn't paid wait four days to after the auction/bin, then on day five goto your seller hub and cancel the order as buyer did not pay. Doing it this way means the buyer gets a defect on their account for the trouble they have caused you. More than two of these strikes a year will severely limit the ability of the buyer to buy anything on ebay.

If the buyer hasn't paid I am presuming you are a private seller so the item is free to list. There are no fees to pay as the buyer hasn't paid, you are only charged those fees once the buyer pays. But wait til day 5 and the cancellation as above is done correctly.

I know its annoying but ebay do give you the tools to deal with these bad buyers.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for your help.
That’s been great.
Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent