Changing a report

I bought an item and it was delivered 3 weeks late. I opened a reportt regarding it's lateness but when it has arrived it is not as advertised can I continue with the first report with a new issue (i.e. get eBay involved) or will I be able to open a new different one if I close the "item has not arrived" report? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Changing a report

This is the only time 2 cases can be opened, but the first has to be closed now that the item has arrived ad you then proceed this way below,   if you are still within 30 days of the items last estimated date for delivery you can claim a full refund for item not as described now.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Changing a report

This is the only time 2 cases can be opened, but the first has to be closed now that the item has arrived ad you then proceed this way below,   if you are still within 30 days of the items last estimated date for delivery you can claim a full refund for item not as described now.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Changing a report

In addition to the advice that Tressygirl has already given you, if the thirty day period for opening a case has now expired then if you paid for the item via PayPal log into your PayPal account and open a case against the seller there, making sure that you let them know that the buyer sent you an item that was not as described.  Unlike eBay, who only give you thirty days to open a case, PayPal allow buyers a maximum of one hundred and eighty days from the date of purchase to open a case against a buyer, plus they also tend to look at cases far more closely than eBay do.  If you do have to go down this route to get your money back then make sure that you escalate the case before PayPal's twenty day cut-off date and you should get a full refund of the money that you paid for the item.

In the event that the thirty day period to open a case has expired and you paid for the item via credit or debit card then the best option would be to try doing a chargeback.  You have one hundred and twenty days from the date of purchase to do this should it become necessary to do so.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: