post with shutlpost with ebay

Hi, has anyone used Shutl? (eBay Hermes)

I've had a few problems with labels but the really big issue is that their 'Non-Compensation'  list seems to exclude cover for postal damage on anything!!!

Its not made clear anywhere and is actually hard to find their contact details on eBay site. When I tried to claim for something they smashed I was sent a page link that must be buried deep in their website.

The even bigger issue is, as a seller you are liable for fully refunding the buyer. This includes the postage you were charged even though Shutl (eBay) wont refund you. Paypal even take the money from your account and there seems nothing you can do but lose out and SCREAM.

HELP..!

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Smiley Happyask there on the link it,s the post type thread

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Postage-Payments/ct-p/11900000093

Petal
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

thank you. I'll have a look

@right-then-petal wrote:

Smiley Happyask there on the link it,s the post type thread

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Postage-Payments/ct-p/11900000093

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

From the few threads that I've read on the seller boards you may have problems if something goes missing.  If you book through ebay you seem to get left in limbo between the two.  Hermes say you are ebays customer, so contact them.  Ebay refers you back to Hermes as they took charge of the parcel.

Personally, after several recent bad experiences with Hermes (as a buyer), just seeing their name caused total loss of interest.  I now ask any seller quoting "Courier" or Hermes for delivery if they will send by RM instead.  All my purchases are either small or medium size parcels and although RM costs more I'd rather pay the extra and be sure I will get the parcel. 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks. It seems eBay have caused a problem rather than solution. When I used hermes direct all was ok
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

It's always the same with discussions about delivery companies, 50 / 50 for and against whichever is being discussed.  I've never had a single problem with RM sending or receiving, others hate them.  Even Hermes in my area was quite OK for a long time but this particular driver is a nightmare and causes a problem with every delivery.

There have been a few threads about Shutlpost on the seller boards, if you're still undecided try doing a search on them to get a better idea of problems and solutions so far.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent