offensive and cruel product

I don't know if I am in the right place to post this but felt I should make my thoughts on this product known, and ask if others felt the same. As I was browsing ebay looking for a new lead for my pup I came across something called 'Prong Pinch Choke Half Collar' which is apparently used on dogs to stop them pulling, it is made up of metal links which have pointed prongs on the inside which are designed to stick into the dogs neck if they pull on the lead, so not only does it choke the dog but also sticks sharp metal prongs into the dogs neck if it pulls on the lead. I personally think this is cruel and barbaric and shouldn't be allowed, I am told they are not illegal, what are your thoughts on this and do you think ebay should allow such items to be sold on their Website.

Message 1 of 32
See Most Recent
31 REPLIES 31

Hello, magic,

With 8 consecutive posts it's obvious that you are extremely concerned.

You were offered advice as others were, and asked questions a while ago.

'You just sent this e-mail to him' and asked us for advice and support.

You have got it. But where do we go from here?  Perhaps a few answers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 21 of 32
See Most Recent

Man Frustrated...............

Yes I will ask again please, or there is not much point of all this MAGIC.

Good on you sport, and fair dinkum.  

Message 22 of 32
See Most Recent

Thats giviing him a lie down but not for long 😉

Message 23 of 32
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pure vindictive barbarick filth, and thats just the people who have bought one, as for the seller or sellers the same, making gain from such pain. Imho both the seller and buyer need a good hard kick in their go-nads, and with my size 13 work boots that would be so painfull.

Message 24 of 32
See Most Recent

What's the email for reporting cruel items please? I can't seem to report another cruel item as the category is not listed
Message 25 of 32
See Most Recent

PhotobucketI'm Not Sure,But You Could Try HELP AND CONTACT It,s Top Left Of Tis Page And Then Go Onwards From There

Or Pop Back Here And Someone Will Help

Petal
Message 26 of 32
See Most Recent

I remember seeing these collars in France more than 20 years ago, they were used widely among the hunting fraternity in rural areas. I remarked at the time how cruel I thought they were but the response was the usual Gallic shrug of the shoulders and the words "They are not cruel, the dogs soon learn respect". Smiley Frustrated Your photos of the results of their use clearly shows otherwise.

I had no idea they were on sale in the UK, if I'd known there was a petition to get them banned I would have gladly signed it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I will certainly join you in putting pressure on eBay to get these abhorrent items removed from the listings.   

Message 27 of 32
See Most Recent

This thread is now two years old and the offending item still has around 30 listings on ebay so it seems no-one has taken very much (if any) notice?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 28 of 32
See Most Recent

No surprise there really!
Message 29 of 32
See Most Recent

I didn't get a reply.

Message 30 of 32
See Most Recent