make it compulsary for all members to leave feedback

Smiley Happyi personaly think ebay should make it compulsary for all members to leave feedback-sellers and buyers.hope you all agree.have a nice day.....

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

no I don't agree

its all voluntary

buyer feedback is meaningless and one sided

if you want a discussio on the subject you need to go to the discussion boards

this is  quick questions and answers not discussion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

What has the picture of the snow tiger got to do with the question?

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

Feedback is entirely voluntary.  I do not understand why you don't want to respect that.

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

Would you like feedback from a buyer who wasn't really happy with the item but didn't think it worth complaining since it wasn't expensive? So they decided not to leave any feedback at all.

What do you think they might leave if they were told they had to leave feedback?

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers. So you think they should be forced to leave positive feedback for someone who took ages to pay and responded with rude messages?

Have you really thought this through?

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@4305ronald wrote:

hope you all agree

I don't think that you'll find anyone here who does. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

Do you? And your question is...??

This is a Q&A board. If you want to discuss this, go to the Discussion boards (but make sure you're wearing a tin hat as most people are sick to death of this issue raising its head several times a week, lol!).

Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

An unbelievable suggestion from a seller -

So a buyer leaves you negative feedback and trashes your DSR's and you MUST leave them positive feedback!!!

Obviously not thought through.

Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

No, don't agree...............and it is never going to happen.

Far more important things in life to concern myself with cup of tea.gif

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

Some people dont leave feedback for a reason , if feedback was compulsory you may not like what they have to say Cat Mad

Please do not feed the Troll
Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

Yipeee ! Another 'Feedback' thread.

*does a little jig*

Mister EMB

Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

I always leave feedback immediately as soon as my items arrive on the same day 🙂
Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

As thimbleshack says, it's a bit of an old chestnut.  I've amassed about thirty--odd items still awaiting feedback, making it roughly one in ten of my sales.  It doesn't worry me - I just use it as an acknowledgement that they've received my item, the same as I leave feedback as an acknowledgement that I've received their money.  Apart from getting one a little bit closer to getting a different star - it's almost like junior school, it carries as much weicht as a compliment slip.

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

I do the same Frederick!

**********Sam**********
Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

The feedback and DSR system is unique to eBay.

To many people it has no importance and is of no relevance to them or their lives.......it is VOLUNTARY ...please respect that .

So no , I do not agree...it is up to individual members to choose whether to leave feedback or not ....

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

With the exception of one major change, the Ebay  feedback system has been running pretty well on  a voluntary basis ever since its conception, and millions of members accept it for what it is.

With boring regularity on a near weekly basis, year in, year out, someone comes along and says that  it should be made compulsory to leave feedback but they never ever come up with a suggestion as to  how Ebay could enforce the “compulsory” rules.

What would be the punishment for miscreants? Does the OP have anything in mind?...........Do they think, as has been suggested many times before that Ebay suspend, members until they leave feedback, or as more than one hot head has suggested, Ebay should permanently ban any member who fails to leave feedback..................so..........untold hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of members who for whatever reason, fail to leave feedback get kicked get kicked out ….......................YEH!......GREAT IDEA! Ebay lose a fortune in revenue to appease the “lets make it compulsory” brigade, who seemingly think that the leaving of feedback is the be all, and end all, of  auction transactions.

Easy to see why Ebay ignore such ill conceived suggestions, and rightly so. They are a business ,and as such are not going to risk losing potentially huge revenue over feedback issues which, it could be argued, is nothing to do with them, it is between the buyer and seller, no one else.

Oh...........Do you remember my mentioning the exception of the one major change ?.................Well just in case the OP is unaware of it, it was introduced a few years ago by Ebay making it a rule that sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers.

So.................Let us imagine for one moment that at the OP's behest Ebay make the leaving of feedback compulsory.............A seller who is unhappy with a buyer is left with one option of only  leaving positive feedback (whereas a buyer has three options) Said seller decides that not being able to leave the correct feedback, they will leave none at all, and Ebay come along and say.... Naughty Seller! You failed to leave feedback !...............Your punishment is …......????????????????

See my point OP?

Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

Here's a thought.

While I agree that feedback is voluntary if I was in charge I'd make a few changes. For example, once an item has been sold it may be possible to create an image that both buyer and seller can input info. Maybe such things as ......

Buyer Paid in reasonable time.

Seller posted item in reasonable time.

Item was as described.

Buyer collected and paid cash as agree'd.

Those would be open to change by eBay before implimentation.

There would then be a space at the end of each line for Pos, Neg or Neut.

Then, 30 days after the auction ended, eBay could fill in all empty boxes with Pos morkings. Going on the assumption that if either party wanted to leave other than a Pos, they woulf have done so before now.

That way, every transaction would have feedback associated with it.

Just a thought

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

As a buyer I sometimes make a conscious decision not to leave feedback when a transaction has not been quite 100%.

I may have been slightly disappointed in some aspect ...but not enough to leave a neg or a neutral so I dont leave any feedback at all.

I would not like to think that eBay would then fill in feedback on my behalf and score it positively . If this were to happen it would make me rethink ...sellers that I do not score now may get neutrals ........
Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

I would never dream of not leaving feedback immediately because I like to be treated on here the way others would want to be treated, right and trustworthy 🙂
Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

Never, ever, ever ask for something like that!  The very idea gives me the chills!  Do you have any idea of what would happen if they should do that? Do you know what the buyers would do to us all?  Did General Custer like arrowhead shirts?

Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent