Very important security update for Adobe Flash player - VITAL

A massive vulnerability has been exposed in the security of Adobe/shockwave Flash player

YOU MUST update , as soon as possible

You should uninstall ALL old versions, good practice anyway

Only update from the Adobe website

http://www.adobe.com/

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Remember to un-click  McAfee trial

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks for helpful info Al

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Deleted and reinstalled. Cheers McB !

Mister EMB

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

SecurityAdobe Fixes Flaws for Flash, Shockwave, ColdFusionBen Weitzenkorn, TechNewsDaily Contributor...
CREDIT: Adobe Systems Inc.
View full size image

Multimedia software maker Adobe issued patches to fix flaws in several of its products yesterday (April 9), some of which left customers vulnerable to computer crashes and attacks from hackers and cybercriminals.

The first update was for Adobe Flash Player, which powers YouTube as well as thousands of ads. The p...drive-by-download technique.

The second is a patch with a critical rating for Adobe Shockwave, used by many Web-based games. The ...malicious code.

The third update addresses a vulnerability in the ColdFusion Web platform, used by financial and oth...

The ColdFusion flaw has the potential to be used remotely by an intruder to access a system's files....

[8 Simple Tips for Securing Your Computer]

Adobe also updated AIR, a cross-platform environment used by apps such as the Twitter client Tweetde...

Yesterday also saw Microsoft's release of several critical and important updates that affected Internet Explorer and Wi...

Late last year, Adobe and Microsoft agreed to sync up their updates in order to make the update proc...

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

I deleted the old and installed the new, thank you for this head up as Adobe had not nudged me to update.

But - I also deleted Adobe Active X  but that has not come back.

Have I done something wrong there?

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Adobe active X is used by Internet Explorer

You should always update, on each separate browser

I updated Firefox

and IE (active X)

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks Al

I've updated Firefox too - one came in today.

But I no longer have Active X as I thought it was part of the other Adobe thing and needed to be deleted, and I don't use IE although I had to update it with Windows updates as wouldn't go away when I tried to ignore it.

So I've got IE10 on my machine.

Do I need to do anything with the Active X thing then?

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

don't think so

active X itself , is open to exploits

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Many thanks for this - a great help.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent