The NEWS, note the word NEWS?

I am heartily sick of hearing about Brexit. Virtually all of it is pure speculation. 

The NEWS is what's happened, is happening or is about to happen.

What might happen, could happen, might possibly happen is NOT news.

The Politcal journalists are completely obsessed with political speculation, rumour and inuendo. They love it. As far as they're concerned, their political views and interests ARE the news.

Sky News is particularly bad. Adam Boulton and Faisal Islam are soooo full of their own importance I can't stand them. This morning Adam Boulton had Farage on and Boulton kept firing questions at Farage and before he'd hardly got half a dozen words out, Boulton was interrupting him asking more questions. Ignorant?

Also, Sky News is now hardly worth watching, politics, politics, politics. The News at 9am is now not news, it's a political programme. They don't know what NEWS is?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

DxMNGrOXgAAbAim.jpg

We are many,They are few
Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

Couldn't agree more.  And March 19th won't be the end of it.   Regardless of what happens, we'll then have 3 years of what should have happened, what could have happened, what didn't happen, what almost happened, and what might happen in the future - not to mention a new campaign to overturn the result. 

I'm getting to the point where I wish the EU would just chuck us out, and get it over with. They all seem to think the world will end on March 19th.  God knows how they think we survived for thousands of years pre 1979.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

*  29th  not that it probably makes much difference:)

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

I'll bet the auld duffer was drunk and blames the dug.

Princess Diana will be watching and saying"nearly got him back!!!!"

Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

Smiley Indifferentimagen the poor policeman asking him to blow into the breathalyser

seeing himself working for the rest of his carrear on a school  crossing

shall i blow for you sirSmiley LOL

Petal
Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

Bet he had a rollicking from her Maj when he got home!😀

Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

Smiley Happynew car deliverd already

Petal
Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

No apparently he had lightly sautéed sweetbreads with quince jelly and a pint of mild 😳
Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

A707F587-4B2F-4E14-9736-D0B6FB5FFD01.jpeg

Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

On the subject of news what has happened to google news? It has changed to include long lists of the same story, which is so infuriating if all you want to do is browse the headlines?
Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

Perhaps it's "based on your interests"???

Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

Every time I read about Brexit, it always makes me think of a breakfast cereal, a bit like ready brek or weetabix

Photobucket
Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

I hate that word, it makes me want to scream every time I hear it.😱😁

Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

Perhaps you're thinking of these?  laughing :-

Image result for bixit

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

They look like hob nobs, please pass them around there’s a good chap😉
Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

All MPs should be locked in a room, with minimum rations, and not allowed out till a decision had been reached.  Naturally, they would not be held against their will.  Anyone wishing to leave could do so, but would immediately relinquish their seat, not be allowed to stand again for public office for 15 yrs, and not be able to claim any pension for time in government so far.  If a medical emergency occurred, treatment would be provided.  (Some of them are getting on a bit, and we do not want anyone to expire in an unseemly manner.)

Laura Whatsit of the BBC would have to stand outside the door for the duration, but with the camera switched off and a gagging order in place until a decision had been reached.  Then it would be announced on, yes, the News, after which there would be a total ban of any further mention of Brexit in the media.  No politician would be interviewed on the matter.  The end!  Fini!  Over!

Dream on, eh? sunglasses

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

Your mention of Laura Kuenssberg prompts me to ask "How DO you pronounce her name"?

I've heard it pronounced "Koonsburg" and also "Kunsburg" so what IS the correct pronunciation?"

Live long and prosper.

Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

Luckily, the typed medium means I don’t need to pronounce it!  I avoid spelling it whenever I can too! grin

Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

Go on, have a go at pronouncing it. laughing

Live long and prosper.

Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent