It's the same every year!

Yep, it's that time again. SNOW.

Since late October the gritters have been up and down after someone whispered that word, frost.

Now the snow's arrived, where are they? The road's covered in snow now and it looks like it's gonna hang around.

I suppose the gritters are up and down, back and to on the main road covering it as well as anyone's car who ventures near?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

The must have heard me, road is now clearing. laughing

Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

No snow down south.  There have been a couple of heavy frosts, but considering it's mid january, I don't think it's really very cold at all.  Not here anyway.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

Little flurries yesterday, but it didn't lie

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

Well here, everywhere is covered in snow and ice!!

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

Where are you cee dee ?

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

Wrexham, North Wales.

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Likewise here too, I’m in north Lancashire, we had a good fall last night and it looks beautiful across the fells! There were a number of incidents last night involving drivers not allowing for the conditions however right now all is good.
Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

It’s frosty here in South Tyneside, no snow yet though it’s forecast.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

Here, they said they were concentrating on "Priority Routes" but they don't say where those are and no-one knows either.

Two of the main roads here were covered in ice and snow this morning (pics were on local forums) so if they're not "Priority Routes", what is?

I suppose everyone thinks their particular route is a "priority" because that's the one they use but my question has always been "How come they can whizz round all the back roads in creation when only a bit of frost has been mentioned but there's no sign of them when the snow arrives"?

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

See what I mean? When the snow and ice was here, no sign of them. Last night, 12:55am and they're past here TWICE.

Live long and prosper.

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Given the accuracy of weather forecasting these days, why don’t people simply plan accordingly, as a lad my father and I would always go out and clear our driveways and the pavement along with our neighbours, there was no chance of a gritter ever appearing, why on earth should it be the responsibility of the local council to undertake such a task, yesif there is a foot of snow but a light dusting such as took place here recently is not on!
Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

That doesn't explain why they can be round here (going like lunatics) at the merest mention of frost but they're missing when it snows and/or turns to ice?

The road past here is a bus route and because it's uphill (and therefore downhill)..... obviously a hilly road gets a bit tricky in icy conditions so the buses don't run!

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

Heading back home at 2:45pm a gritter pulled out of a side road in front of me. It was spreading and it was raining slightly at the time.

I've just looked out and it's White over everywhere including the road (and still snowing) so I wonder if there'll be any sign of them tonight?

Live long and prosper.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

We had a good fall overnight, no gritter has paid us a visit yet the village school is open all children ferried in their family Chelsea Tractors, has just started snowing again and it looks beautiful. Bah humbug!!!
Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

I've just cleared the snow from in front of my garage door, it's very light, soft, fluffy stuff.

Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent