How friendly are you?

Are you curious and creative but a bit standoffish? Then you're probably a Londoner. Think of yourself as more dependable and down to earth? You may well live in the Midlands. And if you pride yourself on your friendliness and ability to stay calm in a crisis, you're most likely to be Scottish. This is according to experts at Cambridge University, who have marked out a personality map of the whole of Britain. (Kent didn't get a mention. thshakinghead.gifAn obvious oversight!) Tsk! 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010236/Unfriendly-Maybe-s-m-Londoner-Psychologists-identify...

Message 1 of 39
See Most Recent
38 REPLIES 38

How friendly are you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
clint eastwood disgusted gif photo clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif
Message 2 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

I used to be friendly but age has made me cranky
Message 3 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

@bill-xxx wrote:

Are you curious and creative but a bit standoffish? Then you're probably a Londoner. Think of yourself as more dependable and down to earth? You may well live in the Midlands. And if you pride yourself on your friendliness and ability to stay calm in a crisis, you're most likely to be Scottish. This is according to experts at Cambridge University, who have marked out a personality map of the whole of Britain. (Kent didn't get a mention. thshakinghead.gifAn obvious oversight!) Tsk! 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010236/Unfriendly-Maybe-s-m-Londoner-Psychologists-identify...

NE didn't get a mention either.Woman Saddevastated.

Message 4 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

marg*e wrote:            

NE didn't get a mention either.Woman Saddevastated.

It's just not right, Margaret! They are treating us like common riff-raff!  nodding yes.gif

Message 5 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

"Friendly" people always seem a bit suspicious. They make you feel, they're up to something.
Message 6 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

@malacandran wrote:
"Friendly" people always seem a bit suspicious. They make you feel, they're up to something.

You were 'friendly' enough to reply to my thread. What are you up to?   cleaning-glasses.gif

Message 7 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

Friendly people have been accused of stalking, Personally I don't see the need to be friendly, Grumpy is the new cool.
Message 8 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

Hello Grumpy.  kewl.gif

It's more likely that 'unfriendly' people would do the stalking. 

Message 9 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

ELO Beel, Who sang that record about Beel? It's in my head and she is driving me mad
Message 10 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

@fallen-archie wrote:
ELO Beel, Who sang that record about Beel? It's in my head and she is driving me mad

ELO Beel? Not heard of that one. I've heard of a song called 'Hello Bill' by Charlie Walker.

Message 11 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

Message 12 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

Yes, I've heard of that one. Rather nice.

Message 13 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

Ha ha!  I live in a "friendly" county. 

Message 14 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

Londoners stand offish and unfriendly ? Well you can say that again ! Having just returned from several days 'Darn Sarf', I can verify that - although that's nothing that us Northerners didn't already know.

Sitting on the Tube with these people, was like sharing a carriage with a crowd of Zombies. Not a 'good morning/afternoon/evening', not an 'hello'. not even a nod or a smile. It's said that they don't even know their next door neighbour, and I can well believe it.

Sorry they didn't include the Garden of England, Willums. Maybe next time.  *stuffs tea towel in mouth*

Mister EMB

Message 15 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My youngest daughter's boyfriend is from London and he is lovely.

https://youtu.be/KzOn9JwfQ2A

Message 16 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

Londoners stand offish and unfriendly ? Well you can say that again ! Having just returned from several days 'Darn Sarf', I can verify that - although that's nothing that us Northerners didn't already know.

Sitting on the Tube with these people, was like sharing a carriage with a crowd of Zombies. Not a 'good morning/afternoon/evening', not an 'hello'. not even a nod or a smile. It's said that they don't even know their next door neighbour, and I can well believe it.

Sorry they didn't include the Garden of England, Willums. Maybe next time.  *stuffs tea towel in mouth*

Yes, I was most put out. Everyone was pleased enough to come down here hop picking, now they don't want to know us. It's    because we are the elite. Too jolly posh!  laugh.png

Message 17 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

I don't like "friendly" people, they strain my nerves. They sometimes sidle up to you,  at a bus-stop, and start talking.

Why can't they shut up, and keep their silly thoughts to themselves. I don't want to hear their talk.  

It's just the same on these forums. 

We should have serious-minded people here. Instead of the "friendly" ones, who just drivel on about nothing of any interest, except to wind-up their own ego's.

That's probably why these boards are rapidly vanishing. No-one can put up with them.

Message 18 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

@malacandran wrote:

I don't like "friendly" people, they strain my nerves. They sometimes sidle up to you,  at a bus-stop, and start talking.

Why can't they shut up, and keep their silly thoughts to themselves. I don't want to hear their talk.  

It's just the same on these forums. 

We should have serious-minded people here. Instead of the "friendly" ones, who just drivel on about nothing of any interest, except to wind-up their own ego's.

That's probably why these boards are rapidly vanishing. No-one can put up with them.

They put up with you.

Message 19 of 39
See Most Recent

How friendly are you?

There's plenty of room on the board for serious minded topics, drivel and having a laugh .

No one is forced to look at anything that doesn't interest them .

Message 20 of 39
See Most Recent