Have you ever heard of....

Have you ever heard of The National Library of Wales? Nope, I hadn't until last week. It's in Aberystwyth rather than in Cardiff or Swansea.

What a place and what a site it's on with superb views. Worth a look? Here's a big link:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x486f764dd9667ee5:0x97099760c1296086!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i8...

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

It's a National Deposit Library, along with the Bodleian, Cambridge University Library, Trinity Dublin and the National Library of Scotland.

So yes, why would I not of heard of it ?

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

hi.gifI'v Been There, It's Nice They Got One Of Those Things That Show Everything Around The Area

Petal
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I had never heard of It, but it looks beautiful.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

I had heard of it as my BIL lectures there from time to time lovely spot it is too👍
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

I'd heard of the National Museum of Wales but not the library. Out-of-the-way place to have it? Superb looking building though?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

It is a fabulous facility..it has some early Egyptian manuscripts, and also some from the Medieval period. Fascinating stuff, and it's wonderful that it's not in Cardiff or Swansea. They, especially Cardiff, usually get all the good stuff!

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that Harry, I hadn't seen that before! I don't quite know what to make of it....🤔😄

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Yes, I just walk down the road a little way, look across the river and there it is up on the hill. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent