Ethical trading

High time, in my opinion, for Ebay to ban trading in fur and any products involving the abuse and exploitation of animals.   You can't sell a Royal Worcester bread knife but Chinese foxes' tails attached to handbags and key chains, traps, hideous coats and paraphernalia to assist you while you persecute wildlife?  No problem apparently.   

The farmed fur industry,  and particularly the Chinese fur industry where many of these products are coming from,  are repugnant  and no-one trading in a civilised society should want anything to do with them.   

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Ethical trading

just a few things made from animals

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=things+made+from+animals

Petal
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Ethical trading

It takes many dumb animals to make a fur coat, but only one to wear it

Photobucket
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Ethical trading

Leather shoes? handbag? belt?

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Ethical trading

We listed 13 of the most shocking ones below.
  • Beer. Guinness contains Isinglass, a chemical found in fish bladders. ...
  • Perfume. Some scents, especially those that smell like vanilla, list castoreum as an ingredient. ...
  • Plastic bags. ...
  • Downy. ...
  • Sugar. ...
  • Condoms. ...
  • Nail polish. ...
  • Crayons.
Petal
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Ethical trading

lambsy_uk
Conversationalist

@amandmarti-37 wrote:

High time, in my opinion, for Ebay to ban trading in fur and any products involving the abuse and exploitation of animals.   You can't sell a Royal Worcester bread knife but Chinese foxes' tails attached to handbags and key chains, traps, hideous coats and paraphernalia to assist you while you persecute wildlife?  No problem apparently.   

The farmed fur industry,  and particularly the Chinese fur industry where many of these products are coming from,  are repugnant  and no-one trading in a civilised society should want anything to do with them.   

Remeber it is only your opinion that it's repugnant and uncivilised, you have no authority neither legally or morally! Personally I'd like to know if the easy availability of Chinese fur makes it cheaper and if so perhaps I should be picking up a bargain. What you reckon?

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Ethical trading

I completely agree. But it's important to remember that hunting and killing wildlife and selling them piecemeal disgusts and horrified us, yet many places don't concern themselves with such matters. Trapping, hunting, poisoning and killing foxes is not only legally permitted in the UK, but it's often a task that some delight in. I live in a small(ish) village with plenty of wildlife and our community forums are full of people looking for information about where foxes dens can be found. I have a vixen with a den in my garden where every spring she has cubs. A few years ago, someone made a fire and killed the cubs. Mum got away, but as much as I tried, there's nothing that can be done. 

Shagreen, snakeskin, and crocodile and alligator skins are all the rage in high end stores. Rich people just have to kill things. 

I raised a slightly different matter concerning ethical shopping and suggested that highlighting such products, allowing buyers to make an informed choice might work. It doesn't penalise any particular seller for what may be a cultural inconsistency, but allows those for whom it matters, the chance to exercise their power as a consumer. 

All invisible all of the time
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent