Do breakdown services fix/replace tyres due to a puncture?

I am a member of one of the top Breakdown services and have bog standard cover.  I just wonder if anybody knows if they will come and help you at the roadside regarding fixing a punctured tyre. Basically is it cost effective to involve the breakdown service or where possible just take it immediately to a tyre service to replace? 

Many thanks all.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Why not ask your breakdown provider ????

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Good advice, best to ask the provider.

We had a badly punctured tyre last year and couldn't re-inflate it or fill with the temporary spray which plugs the hole so we could limp home so the breakdown service came out and replaced it. This was a v.bad puncture, we drove over a concealed pothole and the tyre got a bit ripped up so it was worse than a simple puncture, I guess, not sure if that made a difference....

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Have you tried to claim compensation for that damage? 

If the pothole has already been reported,  I believe that is,  if there are white lines outlining the pothole,  and you can prove the pothole caused the damage, I presume this means perhaps someone in the car with you witnessing the happening, can't see how else proof can be obtained,  then you may receive some compensation.

Worth a shot.

@weiwu108 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

That's interesting... sadly, no white outline, it was in a strange place, almost at the end of a country lane which finished when it reached a couple of farmhouses so it was really off the beaten track in some ways. Your advice is good and not something that would have occurred to me but because it was almost at the end of a remote road it probably doesn't apply.

We were taking our dogs out for a walk. I noticed, however, when we went the next time the hole was completely filled in so someone took note.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

I've known friends who have claimed and won,  but they did say the pothole had those white markings around it.

I live down a rural road, and it's like a scene from a war movie in parts.  It's like a dodgem run to get home !

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent