Crazy world.

Looking around the shops this morning, I was struck by the crazy amount of tat that is on sale ,supposedly for Christmas. This stuff arrives on our shores in hundreds of shipping containers every year, and most of it is just useless junk. I wonder what percentage of this stuff will be going to landfill by this time next year. Meanwhile......Councils in this this country get fined thousands and thousands of pounds if they fail to meet the 'green' recycling targets that are set by our wonderful EU friends in Brussels each year. What a mad, crazy country...and world...we live in!
Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Crazy world.

Hallo........where have you been ? Interesting program on Yesterday evening, about the Country where most of this "Tat" comes from...........CHINA. It would appear that, because of the large scale Industrial production that now goes on in China and because of the large scale of pollution it has and is producing ( which is being discharged into the surrounding Land and Rivers ) one third of China's entire food producing farmland is Polluted. This pollution, containing Chromium, Lead and several other Toxic and Carcinogenic elements is a minimum of 10 times and a maximum of 100 times over the limits; set by the Chinese Government themselves. This Pollution has now found it's way directly into the Food supply of the entire Country, and the associated health problems are already beginning to manifest themselves. This World is heading for one big Bang in the next 10 to 20 Years.

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

I missed that programme Evoman....it sounds interesting. I'm not surprised that most of it comes from China. It seems a lot of it is aimed at children, and is totally and utterly useless. Maybe we should all live according to the quote by William Morris, who said 'Have nothing in your home that is neither useful or beautiful'. Instead we are polluting our world producing useless tat. Maybe a 'Tat-tax ' is in order! Roll on the 'Big Bang' that you mentioned....that will put an end to it....or us!
Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

It's one fifth, not one third ( I was trying to remember it off the Cuff ) and Cadmium not Chromium; still pretty bad for the Biggest Country on Earth, with about one third of the Worlds population.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304626304579507040557046288

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

That Link didn't work out too well, for some reason........try this one ( different source ).

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/4/18/china-says-one-fifthofitsfarmlandispolluted.html

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

Yes, Evo. And try this:

They're either pioneers of modern synthesised cuisine or masters of gastronomic gripe, in any case, the Chinese ought to be celebrated for their innovate use of food materials and toxic chemicals. There's baby formula with nitrate and botulism which have been linked to ''big head desease''. Delicious imitation eggs made from Alginic acid, Chloride and Chalk, which have led to dementia.

And imitation rice made from potato and industrial resin which is the clinical equivalent to eating a plastic bag. One opportunistic street vendor went so far as to soak cardboard in industrial chemicals to sofen it, chopping and combing it with pork off-cuts flavoured with chemical powders. The dumplings are then soaked in caustic soda and steamed for your convenience. And I'm not joking, it's all TRUE Smiley LOL  

China, the kings of counterfeit, are responsible for approximately 67% of all counterfeit goods seized globally. So it shouldn't come as a great surprise to learn that a zoo in the Peoples Park of Luohe, in China. dressed-up a Tibetan Mastiff dog and tried to convince customers it was an African Lion. The ruse was blown when the friendly 'lion' barked at one of the zoo visitors.   Smiley LOL  Smiley LOL  Smiley LOL    No, I'm not joking, it's true. 

Yes... Astro.  And I say to myself what a wonderful world?

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

lambsy_uk
Conversationalist

@astrologica wrote:
Looking around the shops this morning, I was struck by the crazy amount of tat that is on sale ,supposedly for Christmas. This stuff arrives on our shores in hundreds of shipping containers every year, and most of it is just useless junk. I wonder what percentage of this stuff will be going to landfill by this time next year. 

This is indeed crazy; we should have more Watse-To-Energy plants!!!

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

I beg your pardon ? What's a 'Watse' ?

Mister EMB

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

It's a confused thingamebob.Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/fake-head-and-shoulders-shamp...
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

This Bloke says He's never had a problem with that Shampoo.

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

He looks a tad confused!😀
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

Love the shoes! lol

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

I beg your pardon ? What's a 'Watse' ?

A new type of spelling mistake.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

Very droll. I almost cracked a rib laughing. 

Mister EMB

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Somebody-Please-Take-Pity-and-Give-Me-a-Job-/271696968541http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/unemployed-dad-auctions-himself-ebay-4757101
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Crazy world.

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/clever-lad-sells-xbox-box-for-ps175-on-ebay-to-stupid-buyer
Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent