Broken Zip

Here i have a short skirt with a broken zip ,instead of throwing it away..a surefast way to repair it ..what you will need ..1..a punch plier [buy from ebay ]  ..2 ..Brass eyelets ...3 , a pair of sharp scissors ..4 a pair of Tights , Thick Black Opaque are the Best to use ..ok first take the punch pliers and punch holes each side of the zip , no need to take off the broken zip , now insert the brass eyelets , again using punch pliers , now take the Tights and cut off the waistband as i did or you can choose to cut lengthways along the leg a strip of nylon ..roll the nylon strip and thread it through the holes as you would with shoelaces on a pair of shoes , pull tight and wrap the remaining nylon thread around your waist like a belt ..you can also do this with jeans , trousers that have broken zips .https://i.postimg.cc/13bJ5WWp/DSC-1883.jpg

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Broken Zip

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

OMG...B for bin. 10/10 for trying though.👏🏻

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

Wow great idea well done xx love the ingenuity. ☺
Next mood swing in six minutes.
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

Well thought out bodge but why not fit a new zip?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

That wouldn't satisfy their tights fetish
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

its called recycling
Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

its called recycling ..

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

I would just replace the zip -  called mending.    A zip must be cheaper than buying a punch plier, brass eylets and a pair of tights.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Broken Zip

True i must agree , but it does give your skirt or jeans a new look 

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent