Black Friday went well

What a polite well behaved bunch we are, one Tesco store shut it's doors only 15mins after opening, one woman hit on the head by a TV.
I bet the scenes will be compulsive viewing overseas, in North Korea, Iran etc So who on here was tempted to go elbow to elbow for an out of date TV?
Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Black Friday went well

Load of hype, and people with more money than sense. At lot of the stuff has been in offer for ages yet there wasn't a stampede for them then. Take a look on here at the tvs for sale that are newly listed, and at twice the price.

Greed from the sellers and greed from the buyers. The shop where I work thankfully didnt take part but my sons did and it was mayhem.

Grown adults behaving like wild animals. Yet another successful American import.

Rant over.
Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

Not me, there's nothing I want/need that much that I would fight over it .

From bits I saw on tv they were acting like wild animals. 

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

Madness, total madness.

Black Friday went well

Snap, Ed.Woman LOL

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

Mister EMB

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

000000000000000.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

BlackFriday.jpg

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

It's quite simple really. It all revolves around a five letter word.

GREED.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

Greater Manchester Police said it was all Tesco's fault and that the Police shouldn't have had to deal with crowds of people fighting in shops at midnight because they had much more important things to do, dealing with crowds of people fighting outside pubs and clubs at midnight.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

Our local news showed crowds of people in my local Tesco squabbling over a pile of TVs, where no price was displayed, so they could well have been at full price and not in the sale.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

They got 5 TVs..0000000000000000.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even like shopping on a normal day, let alone on black Friday.

What a lot of nonsense.

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

I went with a friend to Chester with the intention of Christmas shopping.

Took one look at the crowded shops and made no attempt to buy anything.

Black Friday went well

I used to love Chester but the hoards of people wandering aimlessly about would put anyone off going there.

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

I'm happy, most of the really big stores are on the town outskirts, so shopping in town was really peaceful..

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

A lot of things would be stuff bought in and made down to a price especially for the "sale". Just a few loss-leaders would be regular stock.

Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

@cee-dee wrote:

I used to love Chester but the hoards of people wandering aimlessly about would put anyone off going there.

Chester is one of the most aesthetically pleasing places in the country, and a top attraction on the tourist trail. Perhaps the people 'wandering aimlessly' are admiring the exquisite architecture.

However, maybe the chimps in Chester Zoo would agree with you.

Mister EMB

Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

I can only imagine that such comments would have been made by someone who doesn't "know" Chester very well.

There are dozens of empty shops and some of the reasons are that the council seems to want to encourage "tourism" more than that for which Chester was an attraction = shopping in a wide variety of "useful" shops. Also, there's the ridiculously high rates and rents. A prominant position on Eastgate Street will set you back about £6,000 a week before rates and other overheads.

Thinking that "tourists" will always want café/restaurant facilities one has to ask that if that's so, why have so many such places opened and then closed down and remain closed?

The days when you could drive in to town, park, (free) quickly nip in to the shop you want to visit and nip out again are gone and Chester is worse than most for that.

It was the "useful/unique" shops which made Chester what it used to be, why on earth would you want to go there only to see the type of shops you can visit someplace else, more easily accessible and much cheaper too?

Live long and prosper.

Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

Chester is hardly unique when it comes to empty shop and failed ventures. This is a national problem driven as you say by ridiculous rental demands along with a host of other burdons on businesess which make it almost impossible to make a living. 

The economy remains sick, that will dictate how and when town centres might see an upturn in fortunes, with increasing emphasis on shopping on-line we may never see the mix of businessess again, instead Chester may have to e redesignated a national theme park, Cestrians asked to dress in period costume, battle re-enactment along the historic wall which will require upgrading, including revised H&S facilities, Could be enormous fun 🙂

Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent