Any birthday ideas

Hi all, Any one got any bright ideas of something a bit unusual / different / funny, that I can get my bro for his sixtieth. Bear in mind he's already got everything! I've been racking my brain and I've only got a week left. All ideas very gratefully received. 

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Any birthday ideas

Hmmmmmmm! What do you get a man who's got everything,????????,

"PENICILLIN"      :^O

In excrecia profundum variat
Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

10phizz
Conversationalist

Take him out for a meal.

Bottle of something 

.........or as for my  60th, instead of prezzies I asked for cash to buy a goat for a subsistence farmer in Africa.........we raised over £500 and sent a whole herd out !!

This was through Oxfam Unwrapped............they must have a website !

The farmer  gives the first female kid to another farmer and then keeps any others

That next farmer again gives his/her first female to another........a present beyond price.

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

flower-buds

What about pop a few joke scratch cards in his card, they are very convincing, he's guaranteed to win, guaranteed to believe he's won and you are guaranteed a giggle!:^O (I think you can get them on ebay)

£50 note wc roll:^O

On a more serious note! RC helicopter/boat

A couple of lottery tickets

Maybe ask family members for old photos of your brother and put them into an album/frame

Music cd's from his day:-)

If I think of anything else I will pop in and let you know otherwise good luck with that and let us know what you choose

Things are beautiful if you love them
Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

My kids got me a watch and i still wear it and remember that i got it on my 60th Birthday..Its a STORM watch and has used 2 batteries in 14 years.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

flower-buds

Thats why you are wise Tommy, you are 74:8}

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

My dear wfe got me a rose that nobody else will ever get.

She'd heard about this place that grew roses from other stock. They were grown till a sample was picked as worth selling on.

When that rose was created the gardener then sold just the one cultivar and the one my dear ife got was chosen and it was named Tim my sunshin forever mine.

Its a beautiful rose.

Its is a largish yellow flower and its beautiful and nobody will get anything like that unless I take a cutting of it (which I cant).

The firm that sold it to my wife has said it will never be copied and the only one that grew is growing in our garden.

Now that was a special present.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

I even have  the certificate from the grower and it says 'This is to certify that ROSA 'Tim my sunshine forever mine' 

Is registered as an original & unique cultivar of the family Rosacae and christened as such in records held by The gardeners Academy and will be published on the rose list and sent to the designated registrar of CIOPORA.

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

flower-buds

Thats nice GC, I would love to see it, now where is it you live! I wont bring my clippers I promise:|

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

Oh, that is a such a lovely gift, Tim. You are very lucky to have your wife! :-x

Photobucket

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

I  live up in N.W. flower-buds  but where is for me to know and you to find out where 😉

I agree kiss*my*pixel  🙂

She's my Englishh red rose bud 🙂

Ho she's put up ith me for 27 years is amazing.

She's a gem.

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

You'd have to know how to graft a rose to get a sample. ou'd never get the same as the one thats growing.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

Well, here's a book I purchased a few days ago, and it's got me laughing!!   You might go to a book store and get a copy for him.  And I am not making this up!  It's real!  It's titled:

"The Idler Book of Crap Towns - The 50 Worst Places to Live in the UK."   The back cover reads, "Crap Towns lifts up the concrete slab in the garden of England and reveals the shady, corrupted towns lurking in the dark corners of the nation, from inner-city poverty to self-satisfied middle England.  Edited by Sam Jordison and Dan Kieran."

Yes, this is a British book.  ISBN: 0-7522-1582-5  Copyright by Dan and Sam Ltd.  First Published 2003.

And, after you read this book, if you dare, you can actually visit these places.....  Won't he be surprised!!  There's one quote that gets me, "Hull - it smells of death..." 

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

renomarvinm  if I were you Id  try to report yourself as your last post had a few words you could be band for using.

They are the C words.

eBay dont like that word,

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

renomarvinm  if I were you Id  try to report yourself as your last post had a few words you could be band for using.

They are the C words.

Why don't they like that word....

They let people sell plenty of it....

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

They are the C words.

Why bring this to the attention of the mods.... I see a lot of this happening ..people saying your not allowed to say this or that..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

Give him a holiday..

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

flower-buds

I dont see the c word as being offensive.I find it tiresome when folk feel they have to troll and point out spelling mistakes and words we are not supposed to use, it strays from the subject being discussed and turns it into a class room type conversation with not much meaning apart from the sense you are getting told off:|

More important things going on without worrying about all that crap:O

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

Get him a Plack with 60 on it..  Or a 60 party photo framed.. for all to see in his house..

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Any birthday ideas

You can hire a white limo to collect him to go to his Birthday party..

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent