A Books Board visitor

Hallo all, I haven't visited here for a long time but I wonder how many people visit the Books Board these days.  I have just asked a question on the BB but I thought I may get more thoughts from the folk here.  I'm going away tomorrow for a few days so forgive me if I don't thank responders quickly.  But I do thank you for any thoughts on the subject.  This is what I posted ...

"Years ago I saved the thread headed, 'Would you like to write a book'.  Posted in the noughties, many Books Board regulars took part and produced a very funny story. I've just been reading through it again and I wondered if it was worth publishing on Kindle.  Obviously all poster names would be excluded, it would just be the story.  I am sure that many of the past 'authors'  would like to be reminded of our ridiculous excursion into fantasy.  It really is a giggleworthy read.

I am posting this because I wonder if there are any legalities of which I should aware regarding other people's writing although I will make no mention of the Books Board."

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

A Books Board visitor

Hello Mrs Bee publish It And Have A Nice Few Days Away

Petal
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

A Books Board visitor

Hi, Petal, lovely fella.  I'm still working my way through it and editing it so that there are no easily recognised  posters.  One of these days, eh?  Publish and be damned as the Dike of Wellington may ahve said.

Sorry it's taken so long to reply my few days away dissolved into ennui.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

A Books Board visitor

I apologise to the Wellesley family for suggesting that their forebear Duke of Wellington was the Dike of Wellington.  My typing is not good as witness 'ahve' instead of have.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

A Books Board visitor

It sounds interesting! I like to participate in such activities and then read the result. Sometimes we do something similar with my group mates. Unfortunately, we are too busy now for such fun as it's time for studying. But, sometimes, I can go tond find here helpful information on any topic. This webpage also provides articles on famous books, detailed reviews, and character analysis. I must say that it's pretty interesting for such bookworms as me. So, your idea is definitely worth doing.  

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

A Books Board visitor

I've been dreaming of writing a book for a long time, but I can't seem to get started. I don't even know if I have enough skills for this.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

A Books Board visitor

Another ancient thread resurrected from the depths of somewhere?

Anyway, in response to some questions, first decide what programme you're going to use to write with. I wouldn't try without a dedicated word processing prog. Then, although auto spell checking can, at times be a nuisance it can be handy if your spelling's not too hot. You can have a grammar checker too (but I turn mine off). With spelling, if you deliberately use a word which isn't in the spell-check dictionary, you need to be able to "add to dictionary". It's handy if your WP prog also shows you when you've accidentally got an extra space.

When you've written your work, you need to proof-read properly to look out for errors and plot-holes and if your work's long, regularly save to a flash drive.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

A Books Board visitor

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent