Not getting any sold items or message notifications

It's been almost a week now since I stopped getting any eBay sales or eBay message notifications by email. I notice that there are some other people with similar problems, and I have contacted eBay (surprise, surprise, no reply yet). For a company this massive, this is really unacceptable.

I'm now having to manually check on my eBay hub for any activity every hour or so. Does anyone have any info as to how long this situation is likely to last?

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @oldskoolpixels ,

Our tech team have confirmed it is a bug on site and are currently working on it to resolve. I have added your account to the open ticket for this.  We don't have a timescale on the resolution but once there is an update on a fix I will post back.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Same here

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Thanks @greencrest-intl . I have added your account to the ticket.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

same here, yet another 10 days and no sales for me either. What on earth is going on?  My own lack of sales on here are driving me bananas....another month with virtually no sales....you just cannot make it up. Ebay please sort out whatever the problem is.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

please add mine too as have had yet another dreadful month with almost no sales

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

I've had a quick look at your listings and I think your items titles are letting you down.

The first 4 words are key - they are particularly important and should be descriptive of the item as commonly searched for by shoppers.

As an example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225569476774?hash=item3484fd10a6:g:IgEAAOSwgBRkNEcD

Your item title for the above item is:

"Job Lot West Yorkshire Spinners Bo Peep Luxury Baby D.K Knitting Yarn Grey"

To find the best key words for your listing try to search for that item on ebay before listing it - what you see in the drop down suggestion list are the exact search terms that shoppers are using - if you want your listings to be visible to shoppers you should copy those words exactly and start your item title with them.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 16.37.49.jpg

Something like this would be better:

"Knitting Yarn Bundles Job-lot Grey Luxury Baby DK West Yorkshire Spinners Bo Peep"

Unfortunately if your item titles don't conform with exactly what the ebay search system wants - your items will hardly be seen by anyone and the worse your listings 'perform' ebay will end up restricting the over-all visibility of all your items (including the ones that have sold well in the past!).

If your sales have totally stopped then your listings have been classed as 'junk' and you should end them all. If you wait 24 hours and then begin to create brand new listings with perfect item titles - perhaps 10-20 per day I'm pretty confident you'll see a big improvement quite quickly.

As sales pick up and your 'sell through rate' improves all of your listings will get a bump hopefully!

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

I have been selling on Ebay since 2007 and have never had any problems with the titles in my listings....ever. Most people know what they are looking for, whether it be a Job Lot of something or single items. I have always had sales with key words Job lot.....obviously you may think I am doing it all wrong....I have been both a business seller and a private one in all those years...it seems in the last few years that Ebay has so many glitches it is affecting a lot of peoples sales, not just mine. I would never ever tell any other seller how to list their items, including the titles etc. Thanks anyway.

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

In retrospect I am sadly not surprised by your response.
Hopefully someone running a business who's more receptive to adapting and making money will benefit from it.

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi,

Same here. The only way I was able to find out I had sold items was either the payment went into my bank or I went on the eBay website.

Regards,

Ronny

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

I'm not sure this is just specific users - I know multiple people who are affected, so seems to be a big issue, maybe affecting everyone?

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

same here no alerts of messages

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

SAME HERE. ebay stoped sending me the message notification of sold item recently. I have to keep checking it on ebay.

Hope ebay team can help me sorting this issue out ASAP. thanks

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

I haven't had any sold notifications from eBay for over a month now. I only know I've made a sale when the money comes into my bank account! Checked all the Seller Notification settings, and everything is as it should be. Definitely an unaddressed glitch at the eBay end.

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: