Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution
sold item took address from order details buyer paid via pay pal, address changed, sent parcel

Hi, can you help me, sold item used order details for address wrapped parcel, then received payment through pay pal inc. address changed so sent to new address. buyer complains not received recorded delivery slip says sent and received to 2nd. address 2nd address turns out be his sisters. Ebay refunds buyer as item not received at 1st address. Ebay admit that the pay pal account has the 2nd address. Ebay do not accept liability. I did not imagine the address and it had to come from order details. have you heard of this before. 1st address has wrong title name which does not exist. Buyer seems to live in Ireland and uses address for post to collect. Would the address change if paid from sisters account or shared account. All seems unreal to me and I could not make the full address up myself. What is going on? lease help.

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to tony-chris

you are warned not to use the address on the sold notification,and it states the address may change at checkout,

you should never address an item until it is paid for, that way you only use the correct address.

Other Answers: 1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to tony-chris
If you posted to the address provided by Paypal AND entered the tracking, then this could not have happened. There is not much point having tracking and not entering when marking as posted.