Charged for Printing postage label when I have already sent the item

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've just started to sell on ebay and didn't know that I paid postage through ebay. So I sent the item and the buyer has recieved it and left feedback but ebay is still invoicing me postage costs. But I have already sent the item! Is there any way I can not pay this time but do automated labels in the future?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Do you mean you took to PO & paid for postage there, you can do, don't have to buy postage through ebay.

Or have got invoice & ebay charged commision on postage,

you pay 10% of selling price to ebay when item sells, when buyer pays, you then pay ebay 10% of postage charge, both billed monthly.

If buyer pays by paypal, paypal take 3.4% +20p immediately.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

You do not have to use ebays postal labels.

Once you have posted the item use the 'more actions' drop down menu next to the item and mark the item as paid and despatched.

I think you may be a bit confused by ebay's fees.

When the listing ends as sold ebay debit their final selling fee for the item to your ebay account and then as soon as the buyer pays they debit your ebay account with the final selling fee on the postage cost you charged on the listing.  These show as 2 separate lines on your ebay invoice.

It's all part of the basic selling fees.

http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/introduction-ebay-fees

You have to click on 'print postage label' to be charged for the postage.

Why would you click on that if you already posted the parcel? It isn't obligatory to use ebay postage, many sellers just pay at the PO and get their postage receipt there.

Or are you confusing this with the 10% fvf that ebay charge you on the postage, as well as on the item price?