ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES WITH TRYING TO LIST AN ITEM, LISTING TOOL DOWN

I'm trying to list an item on my business page and it say " 

"Well, this is embarrassing.
We're sorry, the listing tool isn't working right this second.
Please try again later."
been happening now for the last 24hrs.. any ideas please 
kind regards
Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Re: ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES WITH TRYING TO LIST AN ITEM, LISTING TOOL DOWN

Hello Anita,

• I urgently request a thorough investigation into this matter and a prompt resolution.
  • Additionally, given the duration and impact of this issue, I would like to discuss how eBay intends to support me in addressing the financial and compliance repercussions, specifically regarding the inability to collect and remit the required VAT.

While I wait for the resolution I wanted to add in written that the inability to revise listings for the past 6-7 weeks, and since I applied for VAT starting October and I cannot revise listings to add the 20% VAT charge. Ebay will be liable for the amount since it is well documented that it's a IT issue.

Please update me with anything. It's been a week now.

Thank you and best regards

Message 21 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi @beenastudio,

I have an update from the tech team. After the throughout review they determined the root cause. The titles of the categories in your store include emojis, which is against the policy. When relisting the item, system is triggering the store category of the item and displaying the error. Please update your store, clear cache & cookies, and it should work for you with no issues.

Please let me know if you’ll need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 22 of 29
See Most Recent

Hello Anita,

Thank you!

Iit worked.

Can we please open an inquire on why it took Ebay almost 2 months to detect this?
Surely this should be added to the Customer Service Troubleshooting manual for similar future situations.

Best regards

Message 23 of 29
See Most Recent

This has just happened to me too, early this morning at 5am,  still saying it now.  Has anyone else tried changing to Chrome, I'd rather not, but will have to if my browser is the problem.

Message 24 of 29
See Most Recent

It has been a problem for days AND NOW actually !

Message 25 of 29
See Most Recent

I've been having this problem over the last 6 weeks or so. Today I am again trying to list, and every third item, as I hit submit, the error page looms large again, and for anout 5 to 10 mins I can't access my account at all. This is seriously restricting my ability to get anything done. 

Any ideas eBay???

Message 26 of 29
See Most Recent

My problem was the titles of the categories in my store included emojis.
I added the emojis but when the listing issue came i could not connect the 2.

If your problem is not emojis in the titles try to go through the things you changed just before the issue and hopefully you will find the issue. Good luck.

Message 27 of 29
See Most Recent

Yes, me too. I have no emojis in the title of my listing, nor anywhere else.

Message 28 of 29
See Most Recent

Having listed over 100 items tonight, I have had issues with about 30 others; when listing it just goes to the active listings page. Error code 'Well this is embarrassing' when I try to re-open the draft. If I copy the draft and add another copy of the photo, it seems to work...

Message 29 of 29
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: