Community Member

eBay shop?

How many listings do I need to make a month to worth having an ebay shop worthwhile?  (how many listings are free a month?)  If I request an ebay shop do I need to pay that money every month regardless, or can I change as often as I like?  Thanks. 

eBay Employee

Re: eBay shop?

in reply to lovejan123

lovejan123 wrote:

How many listings do I need to make a month to worth having an ebay shop worthwhile?  (how many listings are free a month?)  If I request an ebay shop do I need to pay that money every month regardless, or can I change as often as I like?  Thanks. 

Hi @lovejan123

We have a fee calculator available on site here - eBay fee illustrator

With a shop subscription it is monthly however you can change levels and cancel your shop at anytime.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Sarah

Community Member

in reply to lovejan123

lovejan123 wrote:

How many listings do I need to make a month to worth having an ebay shop worthwhile?

That really depends on what you're selling and what your profit margin is.

How many listings are free each month?

That depends on whether you open a shop as a registered business seller or as a private seller.

If I request an ebay shop do I need to pay that money every month regardless, or can I change as often as I like?

You pay the monthly subscription whether you sell nothing or you sell 100s of items.

If you're planning to sell on ebay then probably best to establish yourself as a seller first, see if it's worthwhile/how much you're selling/how much money you're making and then decide if you can afford to cover the cost of having a shop.

Merry Everything & A Happy Always Smiley Happy
Community Member

in reply to angelah1847

angelah1847 wrote:

If I request an ebay shop do I need to pay that money every month regardless, or can I change as often as I like?

You pay the monthly subscription whether you sell nothing or you sell 100s of items.

But you can close your shop when you like and eventually get a refund for the part of the month that you didn't use. At least that's how I understand it. I'm not sure what would happen if I opened a shop, listed 300 lots (30 days) on the first day, then closed it on day two though. Smiley Frustrated Somehow, I can't imagine I'd get away with paying only 83p though.

Community Member

in reply to sellsoldstough

Thanks everyone that's interesting.  I've listed well over 100 things this month as a business seller, so it looks like a shop would be worthwhile.  I'd be interested to find out more about cancelling the shop when I'm not listing as much e.g. going on holiday.