Selling none payers

Before Christmas I sold 3 items 2 to same buyer and they weren't paid for....this week I had an item sold and I am suspicious as its a brand new account.

Usually I would get a payment very quickly but I think their are bogus accounts causing mischief  anyone experiencing this?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Selling none payers

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Non-payers are incredibly tedious (I've currently got 2), but I'd always make sure that they get a non-payment strike and make sure that your buyer requirements are set to block bidders with two or more non-payment strikes in the last 12 months. 

After 4 days you can cancel and select the reason as 'buyer didn't pay'. There's a link on this eBay page (it says 4 days but it's 4 x 24hrs after your listing ended before the option to select ‘buyer didn't pay’ appears):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=12&pos=1&q...

You'll get a credit for your eBay final value fees. The non-payer can't leave feedback and gets a non-payment strike against their account, which sticks to it for a year.

Don't be tempted to leave feedback for a non-payer - it can only be positive and will enable them to remove the strike they receive.

Set your Buyer Requirements to block bidders with two or more non-payment strikes in the last 12 months and add them to your Blocked Buyer List with this link:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Selling none payers

Thank you this is helpful you are right tedious is the rightwards.

I think this one has created an account t just to do this...

I have followed your advice regarding my account

Take care

Alan

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Selling none payers

Would advise all sellers to double check their buyer requirements page. I always have mine set to block buyers that have had 2 non pays in 12m period but when I was looking for something else I found myself in buyer rqmnt page and ebay had in their wisdom decided to change it for me to block buyers with 5!!!! Non pays within 6m period. This is not something I would've picked, it's always been on 2/12 for me for many years, so just a heads up really to double check in case yours has been adjusted too.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Selling none payers

Given you only have 24 listings, the only way to stop non-paying bidders/buyers, is to sell `buy it now` only, with the box ticked for `immediate payment required`, that way the listing stays `live`, till it`s actually paid for.

it`s the only way i`ve sold anything for years. i notice your listings have a starting bid and a buy it now option, so come up with a compromise between the two and just sell at that with buy it now 🙂

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Selling none payers

HiThank youI am just selling items I have to make some room but o do take your point about  us it nowThank youSent by Alan
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: