Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

Question about sub categories?

Hi there.

I am selling some used lego vehicle parts, spares, etc and have listed them under 'Bricks and Buiding Pieces, (a sub category to Lego).

I know that if I list under two different categories I will incurr a separate listing fee but does this also happen if I list under a two different 'sub categories'?

The reason I am asking is that I notice many Lego Sellers have their parts, spares etc listed under sub category 'Complete Sets and Packs' and not 'Bricks and Building Pieces' even though they are not complete.

I'm not getting many views in the category I am in and so wanted to know if I could list is both SUB categories and not incurr extra listing fees?

Many thanks for any advice.

I'm not sure if I can change a live listing but I have more lego to get ready to sell.

Community Member

Re: Question about sub categories?

in reply to boots6363

No you can't. You will be charged a listing fee for both categories.

As you have found, the majority of Lego parts listings are in LEGO Complete Sets & Packs

These are eBay's suggested categories for "Lego parts" - note the percentages of listings in each category.

87%   Toys & Games > Construction Toys & Kits > LEGO > LEGO Complete Sets & Packs
9%     Toys & Games > Construction Toys & Kits > LEGO > Bricks & Building Pieces
3%     Toys & Games > Construction Toys & Kits > LEGO > Minifigures
1%     Toys & Games > Construction Toys & Kits > LEGO > Mixed Lots

Community Member

in reply to alvisinwales

Thanks for replying.

Can I move my listing and not incurr any wrath or charges from ebay do you know?

Community Member

in reply to boots6363

Think I've just found how to do it thank you.

Community Member

in reply to boots6363

eBay says:

When revising a listing, you can change the primary category only if an auction listing has no bids or a multiple-quantity, fixed-price listing has no sales, and the listing does not end within 12 hours. If you change the listing category, any Item Specifics that were previously specified may be dropped from the listing if they aren't valid for the new category.

Community Member

in reply to alvisinwales
Thanks!