No Sales For Over a Week

I have quite a few items for sale and always used to get the "80% Off FVF" promotion up until about a few weeks back, when the "100% Off FVF" was offered to Private Sellers.

I didn't sell a great deal before the "100% Off" promo started (maybe 2-3 items per week) and it has been pretty constant for over 12+ months.

But once the "100% Off" promo started, I sold even less on average (number of sales AND average item value).

I suspect that may have been down to the sheer amount of similar items posted during that 100% Off promo.

Since the promo finished for me on April 15th though, not a single sale.

Always get a few watchers but we all know most watchers are NOT potential buyers and more likely other sellers keeping an eye on items similar to their own.

Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

No Sales For Over a Week

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I don't know what kind of items you're listing, but if you're using a good photo to draw people into viewing your listing, a title that will make your item come up in a search and a competitive price then it could be an indication that there's simply no market for the items you're listing. You also need to factor in that people have way less disposable income these days.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

No Sales For Over a Week

Yep, I know all this and the items I have listed a quite desirable.

I always add between 12 and 24 photos with background removed in Adobe Express (Online), which normally does a great job without shrinking photos (like some background removers do).  I then manually crop all photos to either 1600x1600 or 1600x1200 in Corel PSP 2023, so end up with nice crisp photos decent quality photos, with white background that eBay say is preferable/desirable.

I alway add a good descriptive title with the relevant brand, model number and condition and use most of the 80 characters.

Descriptions are extensive for the more expensive items and concise and to the point for the sub £10 items.  More importantly not AI generated generic garbage.

Something I don't do is offer is free postage.

That's so I can have an item cheaper than a similar item (with the overall being close once the postage is added).

The reason I do this is so that I can combine postage and easily refund any excess postage when multiple items are purchased, making the overall cost cheaper for the buyer.

I only sell singular items and never found a way in Seller Hub to automate combined postage on multiple purchases of singular items like you can with multiples of the same item.

Another thing I don't do is Promoted Listings as once you start to add to the item price to cover all the additional after sales fees, it make an item too expensive for buyers.

It also annoys me that eBay take a portion of the postage when promoting listings and that is on top of the usual 12.8% (before promos) they already take off the postage.

I have dabbled with Promoted Listings and Free Postage in the past and they only thing it did for me was to get watchers more quickley and like has been said before and in my experience "Watchers" are probably not interested in buying but instead, other sellers keeping an eye on similar items to what they have.

When I have sold anything in recent months it's normally been items that weren't previously bring watched.

I also understand that cost of living is a big thing now and know this has an impact on sales along with nicer weather coming and I expect this, as it happens every year but to sell nothing all of a sudden as soon as the 100% off promo finished just seems very odd.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent