NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS

FOR SOME REASON BEST KNOWN TO THEMSELVES EBAY DO NOT ALLOW SELLERS TO LEAVE BUYERS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YET BUYER CAN LEAVE FOR SELLER. I UNFORTUNATELY HAVE FROM TIME TO TIME HAD NON PAYERS AND OBVIOUSLY THEY DESERVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BUT CAN’T LEAVE UNLESS UNDER “POSITIVE “ HEADING WHICH IS SIMPLY MISLEADING. IF YOU SEE BUYER HAD 100% FEEDBACK YOU ARE VERY UNLIKELY TO READ THROUGH TO SEE IF ANY ARE NEGATIVE 🙈🙈🙈🙈 IF YOU REPORT NON PAYER TO EBAY THEY CAN SEE YOUR FEEDBACK IS 100% TRUTHFUL. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. DON’T FORGET NO SELLERS NO EBAY, YES OF COURSE THAT APPLIES TO BUYER. WE NEED TO BE WORKING ON LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

Message 1 of 125
See Most Recent
124 REPLIES 124

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yes I know you can't be a seller with private feedback.

Ebay don't show purchases alongside the feedback any more - only the seller it was left for.

I think trust is a 2 way thing and if you can't see how a buyer has behaved previously when they buy something expensive from you because they have hidden this, it makes me question what they are hiding.

Call me cynical but I've been in this game a long time and have been stung a few times so I will cancel sales if feedback is hidden or the buyer has left too many negs in a short space of time for other sellers.

The way I see it, I'll probably get a neg either way so I'd rather not lose the item and/or money too.

The reason I feel ebay is different to other platforms is the fact ebay basically take our business decisions out of our hands. 

If someone buys from Argos for example and say they claim it arrived used, they'd have to prove this to Argos by returning it and Argos would decide whether to refund.

When this happens on ebay, ebay automatically side with the buyer and the seller not only loses the money but often receives a neg too, which eventually impacts performance and fees.

Everyone I've received negs from either have hidden feedback or a history of claims.

Message 121 of 125
See Most Recent

*devils.advocate*

"On the other side of the coin, if I (as a buyer) have say 500 buyer's feedback but then decide to start selling - isn't the feedback number shown to buyers deceiving - it doesn't prove anything about me as a seller?"

There is a feature to filter feedback as a "buyer" / "seller" / "left for others" you know! 😉

Message 122 of 125
See Most Recent

@studiomaster_uk wrote:

*devils.advocate*

"On the other side of the coin, if I (as a buyer) have say 500 buyer's feedback but then decide to start selling - isn't the feedback number shown to buyers deceiving - it doesn't prove anything about me as a seller?"

There is a feature to filter feedback as a "buyer" / "seller" / "left for others" you know! 😉

And how many members know that?  Most will just look at the number in brackets by the user ID. 

Message 123 of 125
See Most Recent

Wow! I never realised it was as much hassle as this to leave a timewaster negative feedback. I've been totally honest about a car I was selling and I was let down.  As in on winning the car he never replied to any messages and I never heard from him until I lost it in a message to him. Then suprise suprise, he resurfaced and didn't want it due to my reaction. Yeah right mate. I think he just got swept up in a bidding frenzy. I've sold many vehicles with no trouble till now. I'm absolutely fuming about it and eBay don't want to know. Unfortunately eBay there are many selling outlets besides you now. My car has now gone. I personally think if a purchase is over £1000.00 the buyer should hold responsibility for paying the £14.99 fee he's just cost me.

Message 124 of 125
See Most Recent

Wow! I never realised it was as much hassle as this to leave a timewaster negative feedback.

It's not a hassle because you are not allowed to do it!

Message 125 of 125
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: