Highlighted
Community Member

Link to a sold item now shows alternative item?

Hi All,

Does anyone know whats happened recently? When I click on a link in a message about an item I have previously sold the page refreshes to an alternative but related item that is still active?

How the heck do I go back to the old behaviour?

Thanks!

Community Member

Re: Link to a sold item now shows alternative item?

in reply to cpcnw

Hi.
In the banner saying item ended the word listing should be in blue and this will link you to the sold item.
Not seen a better way yet on the boards.

------Mobile/Wireless users may have to find classic site option or log in through a browser to perform certain actions in their account.
Not sure about a message or e-mail check with spoof@ebay.co.uk or spoof@paypal.co.uk
Community Member

in reply to cpcnw

It's been like that for a while, one of ebay's 'improvements' Smiley Frustrated

You'll see a blue bar across the top of the listing you're taken to, if you click on the word 'listing' you'll be taken to the listing you were trying to look at in the first place.

As far as ebay are concerned why would anyone want to look at a listing for an item that is no longer available.

Merry Everything & A Happy Always Smiley Happy
Community Member

in reply to cpcnw

listing.JPG 

As advised but seems to be 'hit and miss' at the moment ... Usually advise as above ... ... to see the original listing >>

'The listing you’re looking for is no longer available.  Check out ... etc.'  << Click on the blue (word)  listing  < link in the message.''

... but have noticed on occasion it will show as below with  listing  (word) highlight removed making that suggested link disabled/no longer usable ... another glitch or a further useless 'improvement'  to encourage alternative purchases?.

listing 2.JPG

Community Member

in reply to cpcnw

Does anyone know if the "The seller relisted this item" info. has also been dispensed with? 

I haven't seen it come up on the new and unimproved watch list at all.  I'm waiting to see if a very over-priced item is re-listed with a more realistic price.

Community Member

in reply to quibono12

@quibono12 wrote:

Does anyone know if the "The seller relisted this item" info. has also been dispensed with? 

I haven't seen it come up on the new and unimproved watch list at all.  I'm waiting to see if a very over-priced item is re-listed with a more realistic price.

Yes it does appear. It is titled EBay Note and appears somewhere below the photo. 

I click on Summary when I select my eBay from another page. Then my watch list appears in its old format. I use the traditional site on an iPad via Safari and the new Watch list does not display properly on my page. It is actually unusable.

Community Member

in reply to quibono12
I've seen "the seller has relisted this item" in the last couple of days so yes it still exists

It only works if the seller relists from the original listing though

If they (for whatever reason) make a new listing them that wouldn't show via the link
Community Member

in reply to myriad*seller

Thank-you both, at least I know I'm not waiting for something that's never going to happen.

Fingers crossed for a re-listSmiley Happy