Community Newcomer

I purchased a battery for my cell laptop. now it won't.t charge seller ignoring me. What to do now

I purchased a battery for my cell laptop. Sept 23rd 2016 also has a 1year guarantee co design it. Only charged for 6 months now it is dead  cost me £10.89 i have sent the seller 8 emails now and just ignoring me i.ve had no reply so from them. And have also been reading other people's comments about the same thing better a no good. Any help or advice as to sis how get my money back. Surely they can.t just keep getting away with doing this. They should take responsibility and pay the money back.

Community Member

Re: I purchased a battery for my cell laptop. now it won't.t charge seller ignoring me. What to do n

in reply to lhut9847

Any guarantee offered by a seller is only ever going to be as good as your ability to enforce it when required. Neither eBay or PayPal will get involved with this.

If your seller is a UK registered business seller, run this by Trading Standards.

Community Newcomer

Re: I purchased a battery for my cell laptop. now it won't.t charge seller ignoring me. What to do n

in reply to *vyolla*

Thk you you for your quick reply. But i don.t understand why eBay or PayPal can.t interven as it a faulty item and emailing the seller telling g them he battery is no good got one reply from them saying take off battery and reattach and that's it. So they are basically getting money from people for item that don.t work.?????

Community Member

in reply to lhut9847

eBay have a Money Back Guarantee and PayPal have Buyer protection for items that arrive and are not as described when you receive them.

Neither eBay or PayPal get involve with items going wrong further down the line.

Is your seller a UK registered business?

Community Newcomer

in reply to *vyolla*

No they re outside uk. In China.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to lhut9847

lhut9847 wrote:

I'm surprised that it's worked for 6 months. To be honest, buying a battery from a Chinese seller is real bad move, they're not covered by EU safety regs, and many people have had their laptops destroyed because they've caught fire.

You really should buy these kind of things from a reputable UK registered business, you'll get a proper warranty that you can enforce then.

Community Member

in reply to lhut9847

lhut9847 wrote:

Pop over and confront them in person.  Man HappyMan Happy

Community Newcomer

in reply to *vyolla*

I have just gone on to the seller page and the item i purchased came from Exeter UK so will this make a difference???

Community Member

in reply to lhut9847

lhut9847 wrote:

I have just gone on to the seller page and the item i purchased came from Exeter UK so will this make a difference???

Not if the seller is registered in China, that's outside Trading Standards juristiction and you can't pursue them legally either.

Community Newcomer

in reply to *vyolla*

Thk you for your help and advice.😋😋