Highlighted
Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution

Ebay policy return items from buyers

Dear All users of Ebay
Policy return items from buyers should be updated with more stages including : PROVE OF SAME PRODUCT which is returned ; PROVE that product is not open or any seal is REMOVED (SEAL FROM FACTORY OR THE ONE ADDED IF SELLER REFURBISHED).
Once photos have been uploaded, eBay should wait for seller confirmation of the same status of product
I'm Victor Mures and I'm not originally english so excuse me for my poor language.
I'm selling most of the time fixed ps3 and ps4 console unit.
After all tests are done, items are list in good working condition.
Last few months I have to refund few buyers because
"products are not working as described or is defective"
Guess what ?! Products they are damaged by clients and I could not report those buyers because meantime had to wait them to remove those bad feedback ;once they get reports on accounts they understand quickly what is happening and feedback won't be removed.
One unit came with case cracked and marks as dropped in 75 % overall (not delivery company fault, box was intact ; unit repackaged like that) ;another came with seals added by me and removed, and missing parts.
I'm not sure if ebay will take any action ;I'm reasonable person I don't mind to replace or refund any person for items returned(defective or unwanted) but I really want help from eBay to reduce scammers ;
This could help sellers to identify scamers simply ;even eBay can compare original photos from sellers with one from buyers ; if products are damaged on external side , opened, modified
Those will be an benefits for eBay less scammers will attempt to buy and return ,more sellers will come to eBay ;
Bad feedbacks should be left ONLY when sellers don't accept returns and eBay has to step inif buyers have proven state of product.
Reports behind buyers are nonsense atm, and bad feedback will still be on sellers accounts unfair
Got bad feedback from buyer after 50 days from receiving unit when time for return was ended.
Now I have online shop and market place selling without feedback.
Will probably return with more products on eBay when better stability comes in policy
Community Member

Re: Ebay policy return items from buyers

in reply to vyktormvmpay25

Victor, none of the things you nention are likely to be implemented, they might work if everyone was honest but they aren't.  I realise English isn't your native language but it'd certainly help if you could have an English speaking friend proof read your listings, you'd also do better if you were correctly registered as a business.

I'm not having a go but your listings appear unprofessional, that will make you a target for bad buyers, selling on eBay isn't easy but you can do a lot to reduce the risk as long as you understand it and know the rules.

****************************************************************************************

A consignment of geriatric shoe manufacturers.
Community Member

Unfortunately you are selling items which seem to attract bad buyers. You will probably get more than your fair share of them.

Community Newcomer

Ok Please let me know how would you solve this problem?
Buyer gives you a bad feedback and it won't open an return case, he wants his money back directly to his bank account and he doesn't want to send back product?
Oh and he doesn't care about action fraud or police report or citizen advice ;
He's not going to care because if you report on any of these, he's going to send you back product probably and he's going to find any excuse for delay but seller is still on bad situation and without any reports on eBay you can't really remove feedback ; so you have to refound via item sold list, he gets money back and send an opened, external damaged similar or something else; what about feedback, hard to be removed.
Got lucky that first "bad seller " asked again for some amount of money and eBay removed feedback.
First entered to action fraud and been redirected to citizens advice by staff online chat
Please can someone show a case like this sorted by police or citizens advice ;
I'm not saying they don't get involved but really want to know if worth time invested?
About posting an item with best description and correct information written professionally it's quite easy and can be copy paste from power sellers. If a buyer is interested to take your money and product is going to play with your mind like he wants
In the end we get the point of those things:like it or leave it if you don't have money on your own business. Selling becomes a gambling game
If you're power seller not big deal you can recover from other buyers.
Hope to get a simple solution for cases like that in the future.
Community Newcomer

After a return item with full refund both sides of feedback should be made impossible in my opinion that will be only solution ; if something goes wrong with case I don't have any objections
Community Member

[ Edited ]

As TP says, register as a business first and foremost then you will have a proper returns procedure.

Always ask your buyers to open a returns case. Never refund unless they do so.

Always get the item back and then refund. I am sure some of your buyers would like to be refunded without returning the goods, but it is up  to you to tell them politely, no return, no refund.

If your buyer doesn;'t want to open a returns case, and refuses to do so, you may be able to get any negative feedback removed by asking ebay. Go to Help and contact at the bottom of this page.

Some sellers have found they can get negatives removed on the grounds that the buyer refused to open a case.

Community Newcomer

There are more than 5 bad sellers in 1000 products ; have about 12 in blocking list ;
Ebay can remove only up to 5, what about rest ;
So is like I said like it or leave it
Community Newcomer

I will register as business seller just to work for eBay ;I really wanted to do this ;will close account in another place and will come straight.
I'm reasonable person and without to much education
Community Member

vyktormvmpay25 wrote:
will close account in another place and will come straight.

Don't do that Victor, don't put all your eggs in one basket, the golden rule is to keep eBay stock separate and only list it here, you can list unsold or any other stock anywhere you like, you just need to make sure anything listed here is exclusive to eBay for the duration of the listing.

****************************************************************************************

A consignment of geriatric shoe manufacturers.
Community Newcomer

Thank you for your advice! Really appreciate!
Community Member

It's horrible when you get dishonest buyers.

There aren't many of them - but I'm afraid they do seem to be attracted to certain types of items.  And you're selling difficult things, so you probably have more dishonest buyers than most sellers (my items don't seem to get many bad buyers!)

I don't know what the answer is.  The eBay return system has been designed for the 99% of honest buyers and sellers.  And if someone is dishonest, the system doesn't work very well.

There is one hopeful sign, though - recently, if something goes wrong with a return, eBay seem to be more willing to say "if the seller's done nothing wrong, they shouldn't be punished".  So if you can try to be patient with your awkward buyers, and make sure eBay can see that you've been fair, polite and reasonable, you should be OK - most of the time.

I agree with you that eBay ought to have some sort of procedure for seals and serial numbers etc.  The nearest they've come to it so far, is that if a buyer sends the wrong item back, or if it gets damaged on the way back to you, you can tell eBay (it's best to ring them as well as using the "report buyer"), and they will try to make a fair decision - though it can be hard for them to know who's telling the truth, obviously.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Community Newcomer

Thank you for your support bravegrace! I really appreciate all efforts came from everyone and found out best solution to separate all kinds of problems: selling for FREE!