Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution

Does anyone else want to sell ecig/vape kit as a private not Business seller?

I am a long time eBayer with 100% pos rate. I vape. I have the odd item of kit surplus to personal requirements. eBay will not let me list eg mods unless i register as a Business seller. I have no wish to do so - I am and will remain a private individual. I am completely happy to comply with the no nicotine/tobacco policy. When I had my heart attack last year, all the health professionals told me that starting vaping was the best thing I could have done. But eBay will not let me sell stuff that might help others.

Any comments?

Community Member

Re: Does anyone else want to sell ecig/vape kit as a private not Business seller?

in reply to davetwales

At one time no one was allowed to sell anything related to vaping. Now there is a category, but with strict guidelines -presumably one of which is you have to business reg.

This seems fair enough to me. I don't vape, but I don't think I would want to risk buying anything vape related from a private seller selling stuff that is 'surplus to their requirements' if it's going into my mouth and lungs!

Community Member

Re: Does anyone else want to sell ecig/vape kit as a private not Business seller?

in reply to davetwales

davetwales wrote:

When I had my heart attack last year, all the health professionals told me that starting vaping was the best thing I could have done.

I'd be concerned if any health professionals made that statement, particularly if it was as recent as last year, when the effects of using e-cigs and vaping were already coming to the fore. 

Community Member

in reply to davetwales

davetwales wrote:When I had my heart attack last year, all the health professionals told me that starting vaping was the best thing I could have done.

I find this extremely hard to believe, unless it was in the context of "if you hadn't changed to e-cigarettes when you did, it may have been too late".

The "best thing" to do is clearly to stop smoking altogether, and make the lifestyle changes which are necessary to reduce the incidence of future cardiovascular/respiratory problems.

Regarding your initial question, Ebay have a strict policy on the sale of tobacco-related products, which you are advised to refer to:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/tobacco.html

Community Member

in reply to davetwales

I am completely happy to comply with the no nicotine/tobacco policy.

That's great because eBay's policy is quite clear.

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to davetwales

I bet you are glad you asked now.

At one time you could buy kits on ebay, There was also a vaping forum.

Community Newcomer

in reply to *vyolla*

My GP tells me stats are at worst 5% as bad as the real thing. Was on 60 per day - you do the maths! But - thanks for your concern and - yes! - no nicotine is by far the best option. DON'T SMOKe!!!!!!

Community Newcomer

in reply to norseway53

And I would never facilitate anyone getting nicotine. You can vape 0 mg just for the flavour. Thanks!

Community Newcomer

in reply to nannasshadow10

Las I looked there were 5k vaping products. But my issue is the are all from Businesses. Thanks!

Community Newcomer

in reply to booksandpatterns

Fair point mayhap. Thanks!

Community Newcomer

in reply to booksandpatterns

I have reflected mightily since my first response to you.

You are right. There is an issue about products that let you inhale vape. There are issues about safe liquids and safe kit - including potentially lethal batteries and chargers. So, if business status represents a safeguard, so be it. There are many cowboys in the vape world - when you are experienced you know how to recognise and avoid. But yes - you have turned me around. Thanks! What does worry me is that I think Business registration is as easy as ticking a box. Different issue though.

Thank you for your input - well done!

Community Member

in reply to davetwales

davetwales wrote:

My GP tells me stats are at worst 5% as bad as the real thing. 

With respect, your GP isn't a cardiologist.

Community Newcomer

in reply to *vyolla*

She was quite positive too - but did tell me cut out ALL nicotine when she discharged me after 6 months because of a multi factor campaign of lifestyle improvements and a good eckgram. But yes - do NOT smoke or use nicotine. You heard it here first!! Thanks.

Community Member

in reply to davetwales

davetwales wrote: But yes - do NOT smoke or use nicotine. You heard it here first!!

This forum is so educational - I can't believe I've never heard this advice elsewhere!!111!!!

Community Member

in reply to davetwales
Are these vapours deemed safe for air transportation? They are inflammable, after all.
Community Member

in reply to pillarboxred

I have never had a problem at any airport but I still use one of the first types I ever bought a 901. Never had any safety problem at all with them. When I first had it about 8 years ago I could use it anywhere, I always asked first I didn`t just presume it was ok.

My slim, little ecig is very dated now but I have no wish to carry around a tank bellowing out smoke. I have no wish to be near anyone using one either. If I did have one of the later models , (which I don`t) I would`nt want to take it on a plane.

I don`t think they are banned yet but it wouldn`t suprise me if its not coming.

Just to add I only buy my supplies off a business seller I have dealt with for years.

Community Member

in reply to davetwales
As far as I am aware neither the liquid nor its vapour is inflammable - at least I hope not! Otherwise the danger to life would be too awful to contemplate.
―――――――――――
I should of used a verb!
Community Member

in reply to richardmsstuff

richardmsstuff wrote:
As far as I am aware neither the liquid nor its vapour is inflammable - at least I hope not! Otherwise the danger to life would be too awful to contemplate.

I would imagine that airlines would also be concerned about the batteries used, which I believe may have some issues.

Mind you, I was one of the first passengers to fly in Europe's first 787 Dreamliner, and I'm still here Smiley Very Happy

Community Newcomer

in reply to richardmsstuff

None of it is flammable guys and li-on batteries are within airline codes of carriage. One love! Thanks!

Community Newcomer

in reply to davetwales
i have some spare cartomizers for sale but cannot use ebay , rules are rules but they are stupid rules. all my spare filters are sealed and not touched/opened.
anywhere else to sell them outside of ebay ?