Highlighted
Community Newcomer

Buyer hasn't received item

Hello!

I don't really know what to do at the moment.

I posted a pair of shoes to my buyer, using the standard 2nd class on the 2nd of July

So a week goes by, my buyer has just opened a case, no message to me explaining what was going on just 'item not come'.

So I put the reference number into royal mail tracking and sure enough it says 'delivered 4th July' so I added the tracking number into ebay for the buyer to see.

I check the feedback of my buyer that they left and 3/5 of what they left is negative about things never turning up, and they don't have that much feedback.

I decided to mesage the buyer to suggest checking local post office/neighbours etc and I got quite a rude response 'and with that kind of message i'm letting paypal deal with it'

Next thing I know, I get an email stating that a paypal case is open (therefore closing the ebay case) and now the dispute is going on over paypal?

I have all my proof of posting with the correct house number and postcode on the receipt alongside this tracking number

I don't believe this buyer hasn't received the item one bit, however I don't want to give them a refund especially because it says it was delivered.

There's something fishy with not wanting to speak to me about the issue..

Will I end up having to give a refund? This buyer seems adament about getting one.

Many Thanks,

Community Member

Re: Buyer hasn't received item

in reply to hikarigrace

If you sent ordinary postage, then most certainly a buyer will win their case for "Item Not Delivered". Best to refund through any case opened, not direct to buyer via Paypal.

If you sent by some sort of Recorded Delivery / Signed For / Tracked service, you could end up winning your case and buyer loses...in most cases. If a case is opened, respond with the tracking details and see how it goes, come back here for any further advice.

If you do win, put that buyer on your blocked list and adjust your settings accordingly but you (or ANY seller) CANNOT leave any negative comments as the only option for sellers is a Positive or Report Buyer, do it on a Positive and you could be reported.

Community Newcomer

in reply to hans-felter-krack

I've put the reference number into ebay showing that its delivered, the buyer opened a paypal case and now paypal are looking into it rather than ebay.. is that right?

Community Member

in reply to hikarigrace

if you have tracking info that SHOWS the item was delivered, then simply add it to the paypal case and you should win.