Community Newcomer
eBay fees
Don’t people find it a coincidence that eBay only offer you pay a £1 if you sell when your not listing anything. I’ve had stuff on there for months and they never offer you it when you’ve got stuff listed. I’ve been a valid customer of eBay for years. I never had any perks from them. They have always ripped the **bleep** out of me for selling stuff on there site
View Entire Topic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to chris81curtis

Promotions are  give out competely randomly. 

eBay would have to have a couple of armies of staff to target those  promos to those who have no listings.

by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 10:33 AM
Yeah I think it non sense. They should be more generous to active users
by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 10:34 AM
I think eBay for me will become a buying site. I’ll sell free on other sites
by tressygirl on ‎13-05-2018 10:40 AM
There is no rhyme and reason for whom eBay issue these promos too, only criteria is that you need to be above selling standard. eBay have been known to offer a promo to infrequent users for a nil insertion nil Final Value fee offer. So absolutely nothing to pay when you list and sell an item.

One thing I will add, always check your Promotional Offer section, sometimes you do not get an accompanying email telling you of a promotion, so easy to miss some, as they do not usually have a long duration when they are active.
by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 11:15 AM
How do you know this unless you work for eBay??? No doubt your a member of the eBay army that argues for them. It’s all non sense. It’s just another large company with algorithms in place to start people who aren’t selling and not looking after the valued customers. I’ve been using ebay for years so I know where to look for the promo offers. And I get non.
by angelah1847 on ‎13-05-2018 11:33 AM
This is a member to member forum, there is nobody from ebay here. We all volunteer our time to try to help other members who have queries/need advice. If you're not happy with the responses you're getting then please don't abuse any of the posters, perhaps contact ebay customer services and ask them the question.
by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 12:06 PM
Who’s abusing??
by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 12:08 PM
Well I was able to join this forum pretty easy and I find it it canning how quickly I get a response. It’s phoney, eBay is just one big rip off. Time to use other site I think. eBay are a disgrace.
by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 12:11 PM
Well I was able to join this forum pretty easy and I find it it canning how quickly I get a response. It’s phoney, eBay is just one big rip off
by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 12:12 PM
eBay is a disgrace
by *vyolla* on ‎13-05-2018 12:17 PM

You don't have to sell on eBay. If it's more cost effective to sell elsewhere the go for it and just use your eBay account for buying.
by corred on ‎13-05-2018 12:32 PM
Question.........you have nothing live on sale so eBay offer you a sell for £1 promotion........

Why not use it & list items for sale to benefit from the promotion ?? That is the whole idea !!

I know some sellers who only ever list when they get offered a promotional offer........I know I try to only list items valued over £50 when I have received an offer
by corred on ‎13-05-2018 12:39 PM
The reason you get replies quickly here is that there are a large band of members who are willing to give their time freely without reward to try to help other members......

If you took the time to read a few of the threads it would be clear for you to see that the members of the forum who are allowed to respond to queries do not always agree with eBay & will point out the problems with the site

BUT

Do not expect us to slate eBay all the time or agree with you just because we do not work for (or indeed get any reward at all from) eBay..........if eBay are right & problems are caused by a member not complying with eBay rules of following procedure we will tell them so........equally if eBay are wrong we will also say so & advise when they may be able to do to resolve their issues.........
by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 12:44 PM
I’ve sold my latest item about a month ago I’ve not relisted. Then all of a sudden I get promo offers. This the point I’m trying to make. Anyway this is pointless you all have some involvement with eBay and replying on these forums to help protect ebays interest. It’s all phoney.
by corred on ‎13-05-2018 12:50 PM
There is NOBODY here with any connection to eBay !!

Have you not thought that the reason you got offered the promo is BECAUSE you have nothing listed......to try to encourage you to list ??

If you want to speak to someone actually involved with eBay then if you search the forums you can identify them as they have @ebay.co,uk as part of their username ......but as the forums are not even run by eBay but a company called Lithium they very rarely visit
by chris81curtis on ‎13-05-2018 12:55 PM
Thanks for your help ebay rmployees
by *vyolla* on ‎13-05-2018 12:59 PM
It's been a pleasure, thank you.
by profgaz on ‎13-05-2018 2:39 PM
It might be nice if eBay employed us, They'd have to pay us.
by angelah1847 ‎13-05-2018 2:45 PM - edited ‎13-05-2018 2:45 PM

They would, and paid annual and sick leave! Smiley Very Happy

by tressygirl on ‎13-05-2018 2:52 PM
Employed by eBay?? They couldn't afford me !!
by corred on ‎13-05-2018 3:00 PM
Funny innit !!

Folks who do not hear, yes sir, you are wonderful sir, eBay are an evil megacorp, you are right & eBay are wrong automatically take the stance that we are employees Smiley Wink

My experience of the forums since before joining when I needed help & since joining when I try to offer help is that overall they offer a very balanced & if anything non eBay biased response.....

They forget that eBay do not have to offer ANY promotions to anyone & that fees are SUBSTANTIALLY LESS than they were when I first used the site 20 years ago........if unhappy find a different platform for your sales
by 1956glyn on ‎13-05-2018 3:03 PM
A move to California may be nice though Smiley Happy
by corred on ‎13-05-2018 3:05 PM
@1956glyn

Is that where Alan disappeared to ??
by 1956glyn on ‎13-05-2018 3:14 PM
Yes
by 1956glyn ‎13-05-2018 3:16 PM - edited ‎13-05-2018 3:18 PM

chris81curtis if you know anything about Ebay....you would definitely not get an almost immediate response

My hubby Glyn is watching the boring Grand Prix and that is why i am currently on Ebay Smiley Happy

by corred on ‎13-05-2018 3:40 PM
@1956glyn

Damn you Shirl.....you could have mentioned that earlier.....forgot all about it !!
by franology on ‎13-05-2018 4:00 PM
"Well I was able to join this forum pretty easy" - why is this a surprise? Any eBayer can post here.

"Anyway this is pointless you all have some involvement with eBay" - the only involvement that any of us have is that we have been sellers and/or buyers on eBay for a long time and are happy to help people with less experience to understand how eBay works.

You asked a question and experienced eBayers answered it. They obviously believed that you wanted an answer - after all, no one would waste other people's time by asking a question if they didn't want help, would they?