Web Interpret have unauthorised access to listings

Last Friday there was irregular unauthorised action in my account between Ebay and their affiliate company Web Interpret which resulted in 20 of my listings being listed on 4 international Ebay sites without my permission. When I spoke to Ebay fraud about this they insisted that I had been hacked. I wasn't, as they allow Web Interpret to access your listings when you sign up to Web Interpret. I didn't sign up.

As a result of Ebay explaining this irregular action as 'fraud' they then went on to send emails to all the customers who had bought these 20 items saying that my account had been compromised and instructing them how to be refunded. I received many emails from worried customers, I also received emails saying that money had been taken out of my account to reimburse customers who had followed their instructions. Ebay even refunded for 2 items that had been posted and recieved safely 10 days previously. I spoke to Ebay again and they admitted their error and reimbursed me for some of the money that they wrongly took from my Paypal acount.

I am still trying to resolve this mess which I believe is a result of a glytch in the way they allow Web Interpret to access your listings.

Has anyone esle had a similar experience with Web Interpret please?

Thanks for reading,

Zoe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a question