i received a faulty product and the seller refused to send me a return label

superwaresuk
Visitor

Hi I have already called Ebay regarding this issue and the seller told me off about contacting Ebay as he wanted me to send the faulty item back on my own expense.  Do i have to do anything else? or just wait and see what happens ?  I think Ebay shold be able to step in and help protect customers with this. This is his last message the seller sent to me below: 

Many Thanks , any advice is appreciated,

View Entire Topic
red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Every listing on eBay contains a link to eBay's money back guarantee. If you had read and followed this everything would have been dealt with. You don't need to negotiate with the seller. Provided it's still within the 30 day time limit, open a case now through the resolution centre: http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

If the seller wants the item to be returned eBay will enable them to send you a prepaid return label (this applies to UK returns only). After 8 days the option will appear to escalate the case for eBay to step in. If still unresolved escalate it, and don't agree to close the case before you have your refund.

You are not allowed to name the seller here, and certainly not to reproduce their correspondence to you. The list moderators will probably remove or edit your post because of this.