Hermes driver not scanned at depot

While im not entirely new to ebay, i have recently started selling some items and everything has gone well until today. 

An item i was selling was too big for Royal Mail to handle so i had to use hermes. I used packlink and paid extra for the compensation since the item was 120cm tall and the only courier i could select that would allow a parcel that size was hermes

On the 10th, i dropped the parcel off at the nearest co-op, the lady scanned it, said everything was in order and gave me a blue receit.

Today i'm looking at the tracking info and it says:

Tue, 11 Feb 2020 7:55 PM N/A Driver not scanned at depot

Tue, 11 Feb 2020 7:34 PM   Entered the Hermes network

Tue, 11 Feb 2020 5:14 PM N/A Collected from the ParcelShop

Mon, 10 Feb 2020 7:30 PM N/A Dropped off at the ParcelShop

Mon, 10 Feb 2020 5:36 PM N/A Order placed

If som1 would mind clarifying for me what exactly does "Driver not scanned at depot" mean? Is the parcel lost for good (which i have no idea how since it is over a metre tall) or was the driver too lazy to scan it? 

So if it is lost, who do i contact about claiming for a lost parcel?

Should i wait until the customer tells me they haven't received anything?

Thanks for reading.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Yes,  definitely wait for your buyer to contact you if anything is amiss,  do not contact them first.

I'm not sure of how packlink works,  to be honest I would not use any ' middleman'  as it just opens the door for one more possible problem.

Ignore those updates,  I know the ones on my eBay homepage mean little,  and are often incorrect.   I assure you if the  item has gone missing the buyer will contact you.

Ask a question